Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jalen500
Ada, Michigan

Beautiful lodge

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Jul 2016via mobile
What a beautiful lodge over looking Sabi sands. The " rooms" are huge. The private plunge pool was a hit. Food was outstanding. Service was top notch. Game drives were very good. Singita does a wonderful job and I can't recommend this lodge enough.
Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
  • Hotels.com
  • Algotels
23.2 km from Singita Ebony Lodge
Pool
View more hotels in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
All reviews sand river food and wine four nights sommelier africa guide rhino cellar lodge tracker bush lawrence sightings wilderness buffalo respect
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 July 2016

I stay at two Singita resorts on honeymoon - Ebony and Sweni. The experience was unbelievable.

The guides and trackers are professional and dedicated to making sure every guest has exactly the experience they desire. Despite having a mix of veteran safari go-ers and first timers they managed to make sure everyone saw exactly what they were most keen to see.

On the occasions we had a vehicle to ourselves the guides got up early and stayed out late to accommodate our enthusiasm.

Obviously the facilities are top notch and food Michelin-star restaurant standard and that's before Singita have gone out of their way to personalise the experience. I received a separate menu each and every night as I didn't eat seafood and they coordinate lodge-wide events like baumas and dining under the stars to make sure no guest misses out.

My only complaint is that Singita may have spoiled me for life - I can't imagine how any other hotel / resort will ever compare!

Date of stay: May 2016
2  Thank Xephyra
Reviewed 3 July 2016

We have gone on Safaris in South Africa and beyond for the last 3 years in a row. Unquestionably, Singita Ebony Lodge is #1 for us and it was unanimous as #1 with all of our family. The Lodge was 5+ stars, including a very warm plunge pool (other lodges only have cold ones) right outside your room with views of the river and numerous animal sightings. The food and dining experiences were way beyond expectations (catering to every dietary needs),with expert Sous Chef, Lindiwe. We were taken care of by two very special and very responsive staff members, Auto and Enuel (who is also a great singer and dancer). The staff, under the supervision of General Manager, Tom Rutherford (makes you feel like you are family) greatly exceeded our expectations, from Tiaan, Chantelle, Debra, Ryan and Sara helped to make our experience very, very special. If you wish to feel like a King or a Queen or just yourself, they will accommodate you appropriately. We requested and were lucky to work with one of our very favorite Guides, Jani. She is outstanding and filled with knowledge and insights which she readily shares. If we wished to see a particular animal she always came through with assistance from her very capable and friendly Tracker, Martin. I now consider them friends. There is also a great Spa and Gym. If you are looking to see the Big 5, experience a truly 5+++star dining, fun, entertaining, visual and luxurious time, then I highly, highly recommend Singita Ebony as my first choice. It is truly the Best of the Best. I will return, hope to see you there.

Room tip: Get a room as close to the Dining Room as possible.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank GaryFleishman
Reviewed 21 June 2016

Everything that fellow reviewers said is true---this place is magical! Superior accommodations, superior service, knowledgeable staff, and a perfect location mean that your safari experience will exceed your expectations. Although this is not an inexpensive trip, it is worth the money to be in a lodge that is so outstanding. Love this place!

Date of stay: June 2016
2  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed 15 June 2016

Singita is an unbelievable experience. My husband and I went in March 2016 for our honeymoon. We flew into the camp on a small airplane, our guide and tracker picked us up from the tarmac and took us straight to the lodge. The lodge is gorgeous, with an open area bar and dining overlooking the river and bush. The food at Singita is incredible, a 5-star menu every meal and they will even make you whatever you desire upon request, in a timely manner of course. They have get the ingredients. The staff at Singita is so friendly and you feel like family when you leave. We have 2 game drives a day where we saw every animal including lions, leopards, elephants, rhinos, giraffes, ox, wildebeest, impalas, springbok and many many more. The room was just as incredible, it was about 1500 sq. ft. with a large patio, plunge pool. The beautiful canopy bed is a nice touch. Everything was 5-star and by the end of our stay, we were sad to leave. I would recommend this experience for everyone, you will not be disappointed.

Date of stay: March 2016
1  Thank 751ashleyn
Reviewed 31 May 2016

Although we stayed a couple of years ago I've been wanting to review it, we travelled to both Singita Ebony and Lebombo lodges for a Safari holiday and blown away by the service, people and the beauty of South Africa. Singita is singled out as one of the best and luxurious safari brands and it's worth every single penny that we spent!

Firstly the guides and trackers were superb, they were knowledgeable and friendly and made you engage with the environment around you. Apart from the 'big 5' they could spot a chameleon in the dark or point out beautiful birds, I came away with a huge grin on my face from each game drive.

The food was outstanding, from freshly made cakes, grilled game and surprise dinners. I would also recommend doing a wine tasting, I came away with two cases of South African wine from smaller wineries from auction.

The rooms were well appointed, big comfy four poster beds, a pool overlooking a riverbed that the elephants would cross and all the amenities you could ever wish for. I just wished we had stayed longer! I can't wait to come back to one of the Singita properties again to experience the best hospitality in South Africa!

Room tip: All rooms are beautiful, try get a river view.
Date of stay: September 2015