“Food was ridiculously hot and dishonest in the charging of the meal”
Review of Las Ristras

Las Ristras
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Corrales
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Reviewed 26 December 2017

First of all, we were only two of the very few number of folks in this place (red flag!!) and I noticed the wait staff is bending over backwards for us in an almost silly way. Second, we got our food, and it was so hot I didn't enjoy it. I'm sure if not for that, I would have. Ultimately, I get the bank card statement, and they had overcharged me - I am assuming they overcharged to compensate for the tip; however, I had left a cash tip. I spent precious time trying to run this error down. We would never go back again.

Jude S, Owner at Las Ristras, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Thank you for the review... Im glad to hear that our service staff was "bending over backwards for you" great service is one of the things we pride ourselves on.. it is different to some people if sub-par service is something that they are use to. If there was an any type of mistake to the price of your meal and or tip I would love the opportunity to make it right ... but this is the first time i have ever heard of anything like this happening hear .. thank you for letting us know and please fill free to call me personally and i will be more then happy to help you with anything i can, just by calling us and letting us know that a mistake had been made could have saved you a lot of precious time, we can refund in less then one min... again thank you for the time you spent leaving a review and please if you need anything fill free to call

Jude Sanchez/ Owner
505-977-1567

Reviewed 8 December 2017

The owner and meal creator is one of the most talented chef's we have ever come across. Always something new to try, Seasonal dishes to long for and a staple menu you never tire of! Fabulous! Welcomed like family, this restaurant can't be beat!

Jude S, Owner at Las Ristras, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Thank you for the great review!!! Someone once said to me "if you leave a piece of your heart on every the plate, people well taste the love you have for cooking, and you'll never go wrong" You are always family here !!!
Jude Sanchez/Owner/Chef

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

The food at Ristras was tasty, especially the gouda potatoes, but the portions of our entrees were pretty small. I got the tequila lime chicken, which came with about 4 ounces of chicken, the yummy potatoes, and a vegetable side that was about 2/3 onions and 1/3 peppers — I love onions, but that was way too much. My husband ordered chicken fajitas, and received the smallest fajita plate I’ve ever seen. It was a few strips of chicken on a bed of the same onions and peppers. He left hungry.
The service was definitely on the slow side. After we finished our entrees, our server asked if we were interested in dessert, I said maybe, and was about to ask to see the dessert menu, when he said, “I’ll give you time to decide,” and disappeared for ten minutes. We decided just to give up and pay our ticket when he returned.
The decor is nice, but our table cloth was dirty. I rather have a butcher paper table cover than a cloth one smeared with food.
I saw some others in reviews here mention that they got complimentary chips and salsa. Is that still done at this restaurant? No one offered it to us.
While our experience was just eh, there was a group that came in about 10-15 minutes before we left that seemed to be having a lovely time, so maybe if you have a prearranged engagement here you get a better experience. The servers were very attentive to them.

Jude S, Owner at Las Ristras, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Im glad that you did enjoy part of your meal but we want you to love every bit. Some of the New Mexican dishes are part of a lighter fare on our menu more aimed for lunch time dinners. We do still give chips and salsa upon request and have a very good appetizer menu if that is something that you are into. The dinner that you saw was a dinner that was planed 50 days in advance it is part of what we do for people it was a 45 day dry aged Ribeye 5 course dinner we would love to do something for you like that for you ....i know you wont leave hungry !!! Any of our steakhouse menu items also have a salad, 2 sides, and an entree. I do hope to see you again and when you make it in ask for Jude, I will make sure i find you something you will love...and i would just like to get to know you.
Thinks again,
Jude Sanchez/Owner

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Revisited this location because of the local level of spiciness found in offerings. Food quality still good, but heat level has been toned down a bit. Perhaps this is to make the location more acceptable to a wider range of customers, however, it was the reason we returned.

Jude S, Owner at Las Ristras, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Thank you for your review! We use local chile from the village of Corrales As the seasons change the level heat does as well. Unfortunately Mother Nature plays a big part in my chile game. I will always try to keep the level of local heat up, because i too love the heat!!! I assure you i will never purposely alter the recipe to please those who dont love, in the words of my grandmother, "chile, that is the real deal" Next time your in ask me for some of my Private stash it will knock your socks off!!!
Chile with no heat is no Buneo
Jude

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Hey Pig.Hippo.Momster Followers,

You may not know that Corrales New Mexico has several places to eat; Village Pizza, Nate and Hannahs, The Crow and Parea’s just to name a few. Our new favorite is Las Ristras Restaurant of Corrals. We had a late lunch on a Saturday afternoon and had a wonderful experience. The menu is locally sourced which adds a minor additional cost but well worth the money. “Momster” did not join us on this food adventure but we were joined by our dear friend “Nads” who is also a foodie. The ladies had Grilled Shrimp with a smoked gouda potatos. Wait until you see the pictures of these babies…they are huge! “Pig and Nads” thought they were out of this world. Tender tasty and cooked to perfection. I had the Green Chili Rubbed Ribs; fire roasted baby back ribs w/ Corrales green chile rub and sweet jalapeno sauce. Meat was falling off the bone goodness. Flavorful with a good green chile and a hint of the sweet jalapeno. Las Ristras has a good wine selection from around the world and a very tasty Cheesecake Chimichanga (recommend).
Las Ristras is open Tuesday - Saturday 9am - 9pm and Sunday 9am - 2pm.
If you are looking for a little variety in Corrales Las Ristras Restaurant of Corrales is the place to go. Also look for their chalk board on the side of the road for daily specials and Taco Tuesdays!