Reviews (1 514)
1 514 results
1 306
1 306
All reviews hill view room pool bar breakfast buffet kids club biggest bed five star hotel breakfast was amazing amazing hotel pool staff sea view garden villa the guest relations manager private beach pool side live band star service pho
698 - 703 of 1 514 reviews
Reviewed 15 March 2016

We stayed at the end of our Vietnam trip at this hotel and it was a true perfection - best breakfast buffet ever, excellent staff, the best SPA experience ( even better than in Shangri La hotel ), great customer service at any level. Really worth visiting.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karel F
Jeevan T, Resort Manager at Salinda Resort Phu Quoc Island, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2016

Dear Karel F

Xin Chao, Thank you for staying with us and posting your review.

We are delighted that we could offer you our great personalized service and hopefully we were also able to create some memorable moments throughout your stay. I have passed on your appreciation to the team.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on contact@salindaresort.com should I be of help for any further assistance or booking.

In the meantime, all of us here look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 12 March 2016

My wife and I visited Phu Quoc and enjoyed a spectacular stay at Salinda Resort. From check in to check out the staff were attentive and helpful, particularly Hong and her beautiful smile at breakfast each morning. She always made sure the champagne glasses were full and our day well planned. If you are seeking a place to relax with a great beach then this is the spot for you.

Room Tip: Avoid the hillside view as they face the street and the hillside view is nothing to get excited about when compared to the other rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dee D

Dear Dee D

Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

Beautiful modern hotel with fantastic service. Especially staff member 'Hong' her welcoming smile is so lovely. The buffet breakfast is the best part. I jumped out of bed for it every day. The daily treats like free cocktails or iced tea add such a nice touch. Will come back again for sure. There is a kids club also. Bonus!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole W

Dear Nicole W

Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

I tried very hard to poke holes in this resort, especially one which markets itself as five stars. In short... although there are some necessary improvements, the charm and level of service were exemplary, and thus still merited a five star review.

The good points:

-We landed at 8.30 in the morning and were greeted by the Hotels shuttle bus. A short ride to the hotel and we were seated in the lounge and greeted with a selection of cold drinks. At 9.30 we were told that our room (checking usually around 2 o'clock) was ready and that while our bags were brought to the room that we had time for breakfast. Upon arrival at the restaurant then were informed that breakfast would be on the house - not bad considering we shouldn't have been entitled
-The breakfast is exquisite with the offerings covering literally everything under the sun. Furthermore, your breakfast is accompanied with sparking wine. We found the sushi and dim sum especially delicious.
-The beach and grounds. Regrettably long beach is beginning to see the negative sides of poor waste management, although the beach owned by Salinda is immaculate.
-The garden and surrounding pool areas are truly elegant with little touches that really make the resort feel five star. For example we each received a free massage and each day there are some free drinks.
-Lastly the staff are a true credit. The waiters Nguyen, phuong and Van were particularly friendly, while we appreciated Ms Hong genuine interest in the well being of her guests
-The lounge bar serving excellent premium cocktails and each night features live music- We were invited to suggest some song choices.

The negatives:

-We ate once at the Italian Restaurant and, although each course was immaculately presented, we felt the lack of flavour let it down especially considering the cost of the meal was the equivalent of a Michelin starred restaurant in London. The tuna carpaccio could have been better seasoned while the prawn linguine requires more garlic and parsley. No Parmesan being offered was also a faux pas.
-Cost of wine. For the record the tax and duty on importing wine in Vietnam is treated like a luxury good, and therefore anyone expecting a cheap slugger will be disappointed. That said, we saw many top end restaurants in HCMC offering bottles for as low as 650.000(£20) - markedly lower than the cheapest 1000.000 bottle being offered by the hotel. Subsequently, I would recommend some kind of house wine which is discounted to a similar level, which is likely to in fact raise drink receipts
-10% tax added to each order. Saw this very occasionally during our stay in Vietnam. Crafty plot to make drinks look cheaper which adds absolutely nothing once the guest figures
-Laundry. Overheads will always make this more expensive than the man in the street, but a pair of trousers was the same cost than my whole washing pile which I surreptitiously done across the street.

Regardless, this is clearly the front runner in Phu Quod and I would recommend to anyone seeking a few days of premium relaxation.

Stayed: March 2016
1  Thank LBProfessional

Dear LBProfessional

Xin Chao, Thank you for staying with us and posting your review.

I have also noted the points for improvement and will be working with the core team on all of them to make it better.

Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

Dad and I stayed here for 3 nights. We made a snap decision to travel to Phu Quoc that day. Booked our flights and hotel accommodation and that night we were off to Phu Quoc. I hadn't read into the hotel like I normally do when I travel. And boy. It did not disappoint. From friendly staff, to clean luxurious rooms, to awesome facilities. The gym was fantastic!! The infinity pool was heaven!! The beach was clean. The whole experience is something I'll never forget.

The staff around the pool should be highly commended!

The breakfast buffet was of high standard (who doesn't love a champagne breakfast every morning).

I hired a bike and went for an hour's bike ride which was awesome.

Things to do in Phu Quoc. Definitely the night markets.

There are a handful of restaurants outside the hotel. I highly recommend eating at Cami. Excellent French and English speaking staff.

I never wanted to leave Salinda. I hope to be back there soon sipping on your cocktails soon. Thank you so much!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family