US$114
US$91
Agoda.com
Pelangi Bali Hotel(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$131
US$119
  • Pool
IZE Seminyak(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$155
US$146
Amadea Resort & Villas(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$123
US$113
U Paasha Seminyak(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$179
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$300
US$119
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$188/night.

Mutiara Bali Boutique Resort & Villas(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$81
Reviews (1 457)
1 457 results
1 139
1 139
All reviewsbeach barocean suitepotato headseasalt restaurantfamily poolinfinity poolmain buildingbeautiful hotelinsect repellentocean frontsunset drinkswatch the sunsetour honeymoonkids clubpool staffspecial thanksamazing location
205 - 210 of 1 457 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We had a pleasant and relaxing stay at the Alila Seminyak. We like the modern amenities of the hotel and the excellent service of the staff. It is located conveniently in the heart of Seminyak. Very close to good restaurants. The ocean view is fantastic! We will definitely come back soon!

Room Tip: Change bathroom towels to newer ones :)
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank dmacale
Pierre L, General Manager at Alila Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Dmacale,

Thank you for sharing your review in this forum. I am very humbled to learn that the prompt, attentive yet unobtrusive service of the team, as well as the amenities provided highlighted your stay experience. Rest assured that I will pass these praises to my team who were grateful to have the opportunity to craft memorable experience for you and your family. Thank you once again for your support and all of us here are looking forward to your return. Please do not hesitate to let me know whenever you are ready to plan your next holiday with us and if I can be of your assistance.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I had a very plesant week long stay at the Alila Seminyak from the 19th to the 25th of March.

I was in Bali mostly for business, but also to attend an excellent Impact and Sustainability Conference (Nexus Asia Summit) at a different hotel. I have no regrets staying at the Alila Seminyak.

Great Suites!
I initially had the Ocean Suite from Monday to Thursday, and my Bali team and I were happy to have our meetings in my spacious suite. The sofa area was perfect for our full day meetings and we still had the nice ocean view to work in luxury. If anything, I wish there was a working desk for me to make it just that little bit more comfortable to work in. The staff loaned me a HDMI cable so that I could hook up my macbook to the large LED TV in the room for our meeting.

During one of my evenings, my conference delegates and I had dinner and drinks at the popular Bali hotspot Potato Head and at their new Indonesian restaurant Kaum. Dinner turned to drinks, and drinks ended really late at 1am (well - late for me anyways) and when many had to take taxi’s or ojek’s back to their hotel, I was the envy of many of my friends as I told them that my hotel was right next door and it was literally a 2 min walk along the beach. I was accompanied by the moonlight and soothing ocean waves on my short leisurely stroll back to my room.

In my room, the luxurious king sized bed had already been turned down by house keeping and curtains drawn to ensure a restful sleep. The hotel even provides a pillow menu that I could choose from prior to arrival, and I was pleased to have a contour pillow waiting for me in my room already when I checked in.

Upgrade
I was going to downgrade to the Alila Deluxe Studio since I was going to be predominantly at the conference and out of the hotel from Thursday to Sunday. The front desk team was very kind to let me stay in the same room at no extra cost as there was room availability. I didn’t need to move rooms and the kind generous gesture was much appreciated. Actually, even if I had to move rooms, I read that there was a ‘packing’ service provided by the hotel and they would be glad to help move rooms should there really be a need to. Takes the pain out of moving rooms (if required).

Excellent Friendly Service from the Alila Team
Ibu Rini, the front office manager was always ever present at the reception, as well as at Seasalt to meet and chat with all the guests. She always had a smile and greeted guests with such warmth and sincerity. She seemed to know everyone by name, and there were even guests showing her photos of their grandchildren. Such is the genuine bond and rapport she had with her guests.

One morning, I had a business meeting and was looking for a suitable private venue to have our work discussion. The staff kindly suggested "the event centre". It was my guests first time at Alila, they loved the semi-formal meeting space and complimented the perfect venue for our business discussion as we could discuss work while still able to enjoy the picturesque sea view.

Sustainability
I was feeling peckish and decided to treat myself to a bar of chocolate from the room mini bar and was pleased to find POD Chocolate - which are famous for their sustainable practices and sourcing. I guess it was not surprising to discover Alila’s environmental and social sustainability policy and I read with great respect about how Alila is so committed. Even before the resort was launched, the highest standard for the EarthCheck benchmark was attained. Equally impressive is how Alila run their daily operations, such as using energy efficient appliances, reducing waste and plastics, as well as the community involvement it has with the 2 local elementary schools.

The week that I was there also happened to be earth hour, and I was pleased to see so many programs for the hotel guests to take part in its sustainability efforts, and probably most important to me was the fun educational programs for the kids to increase their awareness about the environment. Oh, there was also children’s playroom at the hotel with proper security nannies so that parents can go and have their personal time with peace of mind, and kids can be left there to play till their hearts content.

Going the extra Mile
Last but not least on my final day, in my haste to squeeze in as many meetings as possible before my return flight, I had rushed off for a meeting in Kuta. However, I didn’t realise that I left my passport back in the Alila room safe - and I was flying back to Singapore in a few hours!

I urgently called the front desk to send my passport and travel wallet to be sent via Go-Jek to me at the Kuta office, but instead, the team decided to go the extra mile and PERSONALLY deliver my travel wallet and passport. When I wanted to tip them and just thank them for their troubles (even for their time and gas money), they refused and just said this is part of the hotel service. Special thanks to Pak Ayas for hand delivering my belongings to me so I could continue my meeting in Kuta!

My only complain is that I wish I had more time in Bali. In the 7 days I was in Bali, I only managed to spend 5 mins in one of the infinity pools. Even the complimentary sunscreen provided from my room felt under utilised and probably yearned for more Vitamin D. Overall, I had a great stay at Alila Seminyak and highly recommended it. My heartfelt appreciation goes out to the team for their warm and friendly service and making me feel truly at home.

Room Tip: Choose Ocean Views to enjoy amazing sunsets
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Pierre L, General Manager at Alila Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Princeofthieves,

A genuine thank you for allocating your precious time to compile an elaborate review which is full of compliments to our team's service and the property itself. Your review has really make our day and certainly has fueled up more motivation for us to continue giving our best to you and our dear guests. I hope you went home feeling rejoiced, relax and inspired to give your best at your field after your stay experience with us. I am here to assist you further whenever you are ready to plan your next Seminyak vacation as my team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

It’s amazing how quickly a hotel can slip in the time of 12 months. We holidayed here a little over a year ago when it was relatively new and accepted that there would be teething problems. On this visit sadly to day it has only become worse. There is to be maintenance issues on a grand scale. The grouting in our showers was black and a terrible waft of sewerage greeted us every time we turned the show on table were broken and rotted around the pool. They have a huge issue with the slippery paving around the resort. When it rains they have teems of staff trying to push away the water. The staff seem to have an English barrier often getting food orders incorrect. Chairs at the restaurant are stained and dirty. The toilet at the main adults pool is dirty and already looks like it is 10 years old. Overall I think it is understaffed and not enough pool space for the guests. Step up the staff training guys. Bali is renowned for great service and you aren’t up to the standard other hotels are offering. You have slipped to a four star hotel. And I’m being generous

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Janette K

Dear Janette K,

Thank you for returning to stay with us and I am sorry to hear that your recent stay fell short from your expectation. It is the fact that your stay coincided with rainy season and since our hotel was designed in such a way, being open and airy to reflect our belief as an environmentally friendly hotel, it is susceptible to inclement weather. Nevertheless, rest assured that we are doing our utmost to improve the affected areas. At the same time, continuous efforts in maintaining the property’s natural material and its preserved natural state and color is being done, such as the terrazzo at the shower area.

On the same note, I appreciate your feedback with regards to the lack of English proficiency of some of our team members. Rest assured that continuous English language training will be implemented to ensure smooth communication with our valued guests.

Janette K, thank you once again for your feedback as we always strive to improve. I hope that we have the chance to welcome you back, hopefully in better weather condition as to show you the brighter side of our lovely home.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Check in
Hotel Lobby is large and airy...great welcome and seemless check in. Our check in girl even took us to our rooms to let us know how everything worked.. thought this was a nice touch. Nice welcome drinks and hotel towels etc...

Rooms
(Make sure you book rooms in the main hotel, as there are other buildings)
We had rooms 115 & 117 in the main building (garden View rooms)
Rooms massive with lots of lovely touches such as water, tea/coffee making facilities, moisturiser, insect repellent etc.. comfy beds and pillows and huge bathroom / shower area with loads of space.
The drawbacks were the constant damp smell in room (maybe some plug in scents might help)and also the noise from Mrs Sippys which both of these garden view rooms face onto... Mrs Sippys closes at 9pm so if you like to chill on the balcony at night, then no problem, but if you want to chill on the balcony with your book during the day.. buy some ear plugs!

We spent our days at the main pool by the beach bar... lovely surrounding in which to relax in.. service is great and very quick and hotel staff lovely.

Sea view restaurant for breakfast is great, and so much choice to suit everyone.. we didn't eat there for dinner.

Highly recommend finding some nice seats at the beach bar to watch the sunset... lovely place to relax.

Also highly recommend eating in Mexicola, Nostimo(Greek), La Lucciola & Mera Putih(Indonesian)

Hotel runs free shuttle to Seminyak square, which is great!

Finally.. a special mention to Rina (management) who helped me locate the taxi that I left my iPhone in and have it returned to me before I flew home... Rina went above and beyond to get my phone back and it's not every da that you receive this type of service.. truly an asset to Alila!! Thank you!

All in all, we had the most amazing time at Alila Seminyak, and will definitely return, but will ask for different rooms next time.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Pierre L, General Manager at Alila Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Glasgowadventure84,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for the kind words.
Your satisfaction over your stay was indeed music to my ears and those of my team, especially Rina.
Rest assured that the pleasure was all ours to have the opportunity to craft a memorable experience for you and your loved one.
I hope that the beautiful Seminyak sunset kaleidoscope painted an unforgettable holiday memory and that you have come to find us as your new home in Seminyak.

Glasgowadventure84, all of us here are looking forward to your return. If there is anything I can assist you with for the next stay, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Nice 5 star hotel in Seminyak area, easy access to shopping , beach and restaurant

Our room is based on good category so we have a sofa bed in the room , beach view from the room and close to lift.
Room definitely best with a huge bathroom and bathtub .

They have a nice coffee maker in room so you can enjoy a coffee with a beach view and music from your room.

Breakfast are perfect coz they gave various selection from Western, Chinese , Indian and Local Indonesia . You can using the buffet and also an ala carte from the menu
Recommend for a honeymoon to enjoy a hotel with a best swimming pool in Bali . Also you can using their Shuttle bus to Seminyak downtown until 17.00 everyday

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Davidoffbali

Hello Davidoffbali,

Thank you for the 5-star review given and for recommending Alila Seminyak for as an ideal place for honeymooners.
My team and I are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your suite and loved your chill-out time by the pool. I would also like to thank you for your compliments on the concept of our breakfast and the food which was prepared and crafted passionately by our Chefs. I hope that the memorable experience lingers in your mind and urges you to visit us again as we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thus, please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can assist you with for your coming stay.