“Laid back and great location”
other travellers have booked this property
Villa & Pool overview Pool view
Bathroom 1
Bathroom 2
Bathroom 3
Bathroom 3
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Coby4
Melbourne, Australia
“Laid back and great location”
Reviewed 28 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We really enjoyed how close this villa was the Main Street of sinyak. Literally minutes walk away from most things.
We also had The house keeping ladies organise scooters to dropped off and picked up, along with washing to be done and a driver one day. They were all very helpful.
We even ate from the little food she’d over the driveway one night ..... it was delicious.
The mozies at night were not ideal, but make sure you use your mozie bets over the beds and it’s much better.
The villa was comfortable, clean and convenient ... everything you could ask for.
Thankyou to Nick and the team, we really enjoyed our stay

JLim2015
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Simple Villa, Good for big groups but not suitable for those with movement disabilities”
Reviewed 4 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Dear Mr Hyam

Happy New Year.

This is only a reply to your previous note, I sent via Tripadvisor this morning but I am not sure if it was picked up via the app hence I am doing it again.

I am glad to see that there are others who had a wonderful experience at Villa Simona and quite frankly, that was precisely the reason why I booked the villa based on the good reviews by other, hence in September I paid for the stated Flipkey advertised rate and was looking forward to an overdue vacation with my family.

Combined with the good reviews and your villa description it was a perfect vacation home for my family, plus the few last minute changes that I had to make - we eventually only booked villa Simona instead of the initial plan to take both villa Simona and villa rumi due to my father in law's recovery from cancer treatment which meant he could not make the trip hence why we changed our booking.

I was very comfortable to go ahead with my booking (in September) as you, the owner of the company had personally taken the time to help with the changes and requests should need other villas. You built the trust with us through email replies. We were all set for a great time just as everyone who did on Tripadvisor.

My husband and my bother in law who got into the villa earlier with your cleaning supervisor, they had to get rid of the cockroaches but that was alright it was done.

As with the dimmer lights, I had requested for Pipit to check the lights as my elderly parents including my visually impaired mom was using the room with the attached bathroom on the ground floor. At no time did I berate your staff since all my requests were communicated via email.

I would never post any personal comments without having the experience nor would I ever make derogatory remarks nor personal attacks and have abide by Tripadvisor’s posting guidelines https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-us/articles/200614797-Our-guidelines-for-traveler-reviews, hence you will notice from my reviews of different cities they have been fair.

Pipit was presence at the villa when the BBQ gas stove was delivered and from the previous email, I was given the quote 200,000 rupiah and was informed by Pipit that Villa Simona will need to have this confirmed for the BBQ stove to be delivered to the villa. In which I ended up not paying since only half the side of the BBQ was working. Pipit tried numerous time to light fire on the one side of the stove but to no avail and she was very apologetic, she told us that she was unaware of the condition of the stove. Anyways, in the end we continued with our quiet family BBQ, since we had already been to the seafood market that morning.

I am sure given a group of younger and not visually challenged guests the villa would have been alright but as we had our elderly visually impaired parents/ mom villa Simona is not suitable for safety reasons.

You are blessed with a good team such as Pipit who took the time to listen and empathise when she met us on day 3 personally and I appreciate the effort to change us to another villa but it was too inconvenient for my parents furthermore it was their last day in Bali. With someone who is visually impaired, once they have counted their steps to navigate their space, it is not advisable to change the environment.

Nick, I appreciate the effort from Pipit and the cleaning vrews (hence I would amend my previous rating) and it was unfortunate that we did not get the chance to experience the lovely villa Simona as many had described. It took me 10 years to convince my mom that it will be fine for her to join us on a holiday due to her condition; therefore I hope you understand the post is purely a personal experience from us.

As you said bad tropic rain that caused all the leaks - you might want to take a look at the roof again as the alignment of the roof - water flows directly into where the microwave is and of course Pipit and the cleaning crews would have highlighted the few other leakage spots. I can understand that it costs a lot of money to keep the maintenance of a villa hence with these feedbacks hopefully, it will be useful during your maintenance checks.

I suppose after this experience and the exchanges of emails plus watching all those negative news on the tele to start this supposedly great 2017, I chose peace rather than war, and may choose to start my own travel blog then providing reviews on Tripadvisor. Having said that, I have edited my previous reviews while maintaining my integrity based on our personal experience. I wish you success in your villa business and hope others will continue to have a great experience at Villa Simona that we never did.

All the best for 2017!

Best Regards
David and Janet

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Gianni G
“Magical Christmas in Bali!”
Reviewed 30 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

Having previously been to Bali and staying in seminyak, my partner and I thought it might have been a nice idea to visit over the Christmas period for a relaxing break after the joys of the Manic Christmas shopping in the U.K... we were not wrong to do so! Once again it was an another amazing trip staying in a beautiful villa with amazing hospitality from Nick and the rest of Bali villa's staff.
Bali villa's are very profesional and helpful they made us feel like home on both trips, I can't fault the villa the staff and also the area! We can't wait to visit again! Thank you all once again!

leannedav...
Brisbane, Australia
“Great location”
Reviewed 31 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Villa was in a fantastic location and the staff met us on arrival and were more than helpful during our stay. The villa itself was slightly rundown with the air conditioner in the room next to the pool not working well and had an awful smell when it did work. They were also a little skimpy on towels. However the beautiful open plan living area and pool area was great when travelling as a group. Mosquitos were bad however they supplied lots of mosquito coils and repellent which was great. The staff made us breakfast each day for a small charge and it was delicious. Overall we had an amazing time at Simona!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Mosquitos
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
2 Aug 2016
Thank you for your valued feedback.
We are most concerned to hear of the faulty air conditioner as this has just been fully serviced and should be in perfect working order, this will be attended to immediately.
The staff are trained to supply fresh towels as and when required and there is a large stock of both pool and bath towels, this matter will also be dealt with.
Btanner58...
Perth
“Close to shops and eateries”
Reviewed 4 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016

This villa has 2 rooms in the main area of the villa one upstairs and one downstairs. The rooms were large air conditioned and had their own bathroom and were very clean. The other room was near the pool free standing it also was air conditioned and had its own bathroom and was very clean. The villa is open air for the lounge and kitchen area and can get extremely hot throughout the day. There is only one fan for the whole large area. Mosquitos are an issue as its open air however mosquito coils are supplied and we kept these alight 24hours. Breakfast was not included however we could have organised this at our cost if we wished. The villa is close to shopping and eateries. Kardek our villa lady was helpful and only a phone call away if we needed her.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing