“Amazing oasis, set back from the hubbub of...”
other travellers have booked this property
A view of the pool towards the front of the property& in front of the Main Villa with Guest Suite
Our Bale by the pool.  Dining,reading,napping  working. Wifi. Outlets. Fan. Lamps Another view of the poolside dining. Breakfast by the pool or in our open garden dining room.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Gardens all around you. Quiet beauty.
Our guests enjoying our naturally warmed pool
Your inside entry for privacy.
Stepping down into the property from the inside entry
Our view out from the pool pavilion down one of our pathway to our entry.
The walkway from our entry to the Main Villa.
View of the main Villa, where the Guest Suite is. Queen Bed, Single Bed, AC, Garden Bath. TV.
The main Pavilion in front of the pool and the entry to the Guest Suite
Main Pavilion. Library. Sitting.
Main Pavilion. A museum of collectibles.
Our entry koi pond and Bale.
Side pathway to Bungalow Melati
Kopi Susu and Barney waiting at the inside gate for their morning walk.
Pathway to the back of the gardens to Bungalow Bunga Kecil, our private Honeymoon Bungalow.
Garden and pond on the pathway through the gardens of Bungalow Bunga Kecil.
Secret Garden
A favorite spot for our guests our kitchen/dining pavilion open 24/7 for you. Cook Dine Visit.
View to the Kitchen/Dining/Sitting Pavlion from Bungalow Melati´s side porch.Open 24-7 for your use
Side entrance to our main kitchen and dining/sitting room.
The Kitchen Door from the pool side of the property.
OUR New Bar B Que! A gift from a 5 STAR repeat guest of ours. Great for our family dinners & parties
Garden view when enjoying your time in our lovely open kitchen dining room sitting pavilion
Barney, Pedro and Kopi Susu keeping watch for the lions, tigers and bears
Open garden dining room for you 24/7.
Risotto cooking lessons from Micaela, one of our return guests in the main kitchen.
One side of the dining room, kitchen pavilion.This is a teak wood wall from Java.
4 of 10 of our wonderful Balinese Staff.
BANANAS...we got ´em! We can´t stop them!
We have open sky, palm trees. river & flowers. No buildings on our borders, no concrete jungle.
Looking to the front of the property.
Bungalow Melati
Bungalow Melati sitting porch.
Bungalow Melati side porch.
Bungalow Melati. Looking towards the entry. The double bed on the left side.
In Bungalow Melati main bedroom looking towards the 2nd bedroom. Both with Queen Beds. 2 Baths
Bungalow Melati, one of 2 Queen Beds. Plus a Double Bed. 2 baths.
A view of the tub & shower in the main bathroom of Bungalow Melati, our 2 bedroom 2 bath Bungalow.
A view through the mirror in Bungalow Melati's main bathroom
The 2nd bathroom in Bungalow Melati
The 2nd bathroom in Bungalow Melati, our 2 bedroom 2 bath Bungalow
Front View of our 1 Bedroom Bungalow in the back of the garden. Bungalow Bunga Kecil.
Bungalow Bunga Kecil's entry pathway.
A view from Bungalow Bunga Kecil to the Family Temple and Bales
Bungalow Bunga Kecil from the entry. Queen Bed and Day Bed. Garden Bath
Our 2 bedroom Bungalow. 2 Queen Beds, 1 Double Bed, 2 Garden Baths
Queen Bed in Bungalow Bunga Kecil.
Bamboo Single Bed. Writing desk. Bungalow Bunga Kecil
Bungalow Bunga Kecil Queen Bed.
Bungalow Bunga Kecil Wash Basin.
Bungalow Bunga Kecil Shower area
Bunga Kecil's lovely side garden with yellow bamboo.
Lovely view of the front of Bungalow Bunga Kecil
Another view of the Bale in front of Bungalow Bunga Kecil for breakfast,reading,mediation or yoga.
Villa Sanggah Family Temple entrance.Sanggah in Balinese means Family Temple
From the corner of our 2 rivers walking to Bungalow Bunga Kecil
Orchids growing off the coconut tree
Guest Suite. Main Villa. Queen Bed. Day Bed. Garden Bath. WIFI. Sec. Box. AC. Fans.
Guest Suite in the main Villa, showing the day bed with reading lights & the writing desk. Queen Bed
Guest Suite. Main Villa. View to the front door.
Guest Suite. Main Villa. Queen Bed. Day Bed w/reading lights. Desk. WIFI. Bath. AC.Fans
A view up our river which runs along the whole property.
Map of our corner of Bali. X marks our spot. You can see from this map how close the Indian Ocean is
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 82 reviews

Reviews from our community

laurahF68...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing oasis, set back from the hubbub of Seminyak”
Reviewed 13 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Villa Sanggah was the highlight of my trip to Bali. I stayed here with a friend, and we loved it. Georgeanne is an incredible host, with many stories to share about her life, the Villa, the neighborhood, Bali, and the world. The environment at Villa Sanggah is tranquil: beautiful, well cultivated gardens surround the charming, quiet rooms. Breakfast is by the pool in the morning, and we enjoyed chatting with Georgeanne and her others guests. She walked us to the beach on the first day of our stay, which is close by, and showed us to her favorite (cheap!) spot by the water to get a bite to eat. I would stay here again without a doubt on my next trip to the island.

Date of stay: January 2016
Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Travelling group: Friends
14 Feb 2016
Thank you so much for your kind review, we loved having you here, such great things I learned from you. Villa Sanggah does indeed attract wonderful, interesting guests that become friends.
Kempenfel...
Sorrento, Australia
“Just amazing!”
Reviewed 9 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

I had the pleasure of staying at Villa Sanggah with my husband and almost 3 year old daughter for a week. I celebrated my 40th there and I wanted to stay somewhere special - this was the perfect choice!
Georgeanne arranged for her driver Gusti to pick us up from the airport and then personally met us at the gate when we pulled up. As soon as you enter the gates of the property, the peace and tranquility greet you.
We stayed in bungalow melati which was perfect for our little family.
We ate breakfast by the pool each day and spent much of the rest of our days there. Our daughter loved the big step at the shallow end and made good use of the pool noodles :) The gardens are stunning and lovingly tended to by Georgeanne and her staff.
Cafes and restaurants are a short walk away, or Georgeanne will help you order something in if you don't feel like leaving. The hustle and bustle of Seminyak is only a short taxi ride away too.
The staff were all lovely and we arranged for one of the ladies to stay with our daughter one night while we went out for dinner. There is 24 hour security and we felt very safe.
Overall, I just can't imagine finding somewhere better to stay. If you are looking for a relaxing retreat, this is the place for you.

Date of stay: February 2016
10 Apr 2016
Thank you so much for choosing Villa Sanggah. We all had a wonderful time. It was delightful to have your lovely family here with us. Please come back soon.

Georgeanne
685pwc
Sorrento, Australia
“Exceeded my expectations - Absolutely stunning !!”
Reviewed 8 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

I had very low expectations for Bali and my wife was concerned I would not be happy with staying in a apartment building with party's going on all night etc. She chose Villa Sanggah based on all the great reviews and I must admit I had my doubts .... I now realise that staying here was what made our Bali trip so perfect, relaxing and amazing :)
On the drive in the taxi driver Gusty made a discreet call to let Georgeanne know of our imminent arrival and being met at the gate by Georgeanne was the first of many positive surprises about this villa.
What was best - well the pool, the staff, the outside Japanese style shower, the privacy, the comfy beds, discreet room cleaning each day (when we were out), only having 6-8 guests on site as a maximum, the relaxing friendly vibe........
Even though there are other villa's around this property it took a few days before we realised this. There was no noise or interference in any way from outside the walls. We felt safe with 24h security (which appeared to be unnecessary)
All in all it was a perfect 8 days, staying here allowed us to have a very safe and comfortable base to do a little exploring around Bali. Our daughter loved the pool so much we hardly found the desire to leave the property anyway - only for food and to walk down the beach a few times.
I would recommend this to anyone wanting a quiet peaceful and respectful place to stay, sheltered from the craziness of Bali which is just outside the gate !

Date of stay: January 2016
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Liked best: Privacy / comfort / cleanliness
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
10 Apr 2016
Hello and thank you.
What wonderful things to say about us. It is lovely to hear from you. It was a treat to have you and your beautiful very happy family here with us. VS draws such wonderful interesting guests. We are very fortunate.
Please come back.
amicrazy
Boulder, CO
“Made me love Bali instantly!”
Reviewed 20 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

If you appreciate a garden that has been well-loved, where orchids peek, and every day brings a new discovery, or dining outside with the sounds of birds around, or bathing in a shower surrounded by plants and the sun shining just beyond, then this is the place for you.

I loved getting up each morning and crossing the garden to a plate of fruit, some of which grow in Georgeanne's garden, to start each day. The staff were so kind, and so thoughtful. Pak Heru and Ibu Ketut even got my phone a new SIM card. At night, I was very comfortable in a large room where I had a desk to work (yes, sadly I was there to work!) and lovely dark wood floors. I loved the veranda, the pool where camboja (frangipani) flowers floated every morning and a carved Balinese bed was reflected in the water as I swam. Georgeanne is a wonderful woman and artist who helped us even after we had to move out to Nusa Dua.

This is a place for quiet, for relaxation, for contemplation and the appreciation of beauty. It's not the spot for people who are in Bali to go wild. You can walk to the beach from the house on a busy road with no sidewalk, and there are restaurants, shops, currency exchange, telcom in walking distance, too. The house is off a narrow gang and does not have parking except for scooters. There are two dogs that guard the property, and you will need to make friends with them. (They will still bark, but it makes you feel safe!) I was there on my own for several days, so it was a haven!

Date of stay: November 2015
How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beautiful setting and kind hospitality
Liked least: Having to leave!
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
21 Nov 2015
We thank you so much for your beautiful review. You both were a delight and we all will be friends forever, truly. Looking forward to you next visit.
Rebecca R
“Paradise Found”
Reviewed 5 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

Have been to Bali several times over the year's and this by far was my favourite place. We felt so safe and secluded, yet walking distance to all the restaurants you could need. Georgeanne and all the staff were wonderful, somehow always there when needed, but always provided privacy. Gardens were spectacular. I so miss my breakfast by the pool. Anyone looking for peace, beauty, relaxation, this is the place. We can not say enough wonderful things about our stay here.

Date of stay: September 2015
5 Oct 2015
Hello to you both and thank you for such a lovely review, you both were a delight, easy and fun. We do hope that you return to us soon.
Thank you again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.