“Great Bang For Your Buck”

Ranked #63 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 13 October 2017

I stayed at the Horison for 6 nights, and going back for 2.

To start, this place offers an amazing bang for the buck. Keep in mind, this is considered a four star hotel here, yet it cost me, all in with tax, around $35 USD a night. That price includes a buffet breakfast which is adequate.

The check in was very quick.

The rooms are very clean, the staff is incredibly friendly, and it is a 5 to 7 minute walk to the beach.

There is a pool with a poolside bar with happy hour every day with a 2 for 1 drink special that costs 105,000 Rupiah, which is about $7.75 USD. Reasonably good drinks.

The pool is clean. I had read some bad reviews on this but found no problems.

I read reviews that there is a strange smell of gasoline occasionally. I actually did smell that, for about 30 seconds one morning. I am not sure where it is coming from, but don’t think from within the hotel.

The rooms are decent size, are impeccably clean, have great air conditioning and a good sized safe (It could fit my Surface Pro).

The location is great, in Seminyak. A quick walk to some good solid restaurants, and even an Australian sports bar. The beach is directly down the street.

They talk of a “Beach Club”. That really doesn’t exist. They do have lounge chairs on the beach which are very comfortable. It is either for 8 or 10 people total, I don’t remember. Other than that, nothing. The hotel does provide 2 towels per room. If they become wet you can exchange them.

Overall, if you are on a budget but not a hostel budget, this is a great place for you and I am going back.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank PassportAlwaysOnHand
DahliaPanjaitan, General Manager at Hotel Horison Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear PassportAlwaysOnHand,

A warm greeting from Horison Seminyak, The Best Balinese Experience Hotel!

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know your valuable experiences on Trip Advisor.

It is very honor to have such good comment, and we are so happy to hear some highlight of your review on our strategic location to some great attraction and surrounding including beach and restaurants which just by walk distance where you can conveniently exploring what Seminyak has to offer, our staff friendliness and service, and our hotel facilities as well. Glad to know that you satisfied with our Happy Hours.

With best regards,

Reviews (1 056)

11 - 15 of 1 056 reviews

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Upon arrival i recieved a quick check in and was promply shown to my room.
The room was large with a king size bed, the bathroom was a bit on the small size but was still adequate.
The stay overall was good however if staying on the ground floor near the pool, the noise from the pool area is clearly heard in the rooms.
The location was excellent with easy access to kuta, legian and seminyak with lots of restaurants within a short walk and only a 5 minute walk to the beach.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
DahliaPanjaitan, General Manager at Hotel Horison Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

A warm greeting from Horison Seminyak, The Best Balinese Experience Hotel!

Thank you for choosing Horison Seminyak as your accommodation during your holiday. We are happy to read your review on our strategic location which only walking distance to the beach, our clean and cozy room with nice amenities, including our helpful and friendly staff with excellent service.

Please accept our apologies for the problem mentioned that you found not to be at your expectations. This problem have been brought to our high attention. We will continually strive to offer the highest quality of services.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

This time I travelled to Bali on my own and wanted a middle range hotel at a decent price. I was totally suprised by both the premises and staff.
My check in was quick and very easy. Adi and Sita greeted me with a great big smile and answered all my initial questions prfectly and were also able to provide interesting extra bits about the area.
The room itself provided the biggest suprise of the trip. It was very spacious and full of natural light with a decently sized bathroom. All the amenities were there, as well as a kettle and some tea.
Breakfast was served in the Restaurant rite next by the pool. The buffet was quite big and included continental, cooked and indonesian breakfast. There was nothing more I could ask for, even a chef who cooked any egg dishes to order was always around.
Dinner in the restaurant was lovely especially because Guswi was very happy to explain the local dishes to me and made sure I got exactly what I wanted and could actually eat seeing as I'm gluten sensitive. Of course I also had to try drinks and I can definitely recommend them made by Budayasa and Sandi, they are definitely a must try!
It was included in the price of the stay to have a picture taken in traditional Balinese Costumes. Definitely totally worth your time! Shasa helped me get dressed and took a lot of different pics for me. She made sure I wore everything correctly as well as helping me not to look like a complete spas! After the photo shooting Shasa made it somewhat her mission to make sure I feel comfortble by the pool and have everything I need.
Nisa deserves a special mention as she always entertained me during breakfast. She was always interested in how my day was and whether I had any plans. If I couldn't come up with anything she had brilliant suggestions. She made sure I got to my destination safe and helped me pick out some pretty interesting places I hadn't seen before.
Overall the location of the hotel is spot on, food and drinks are reasonably priced and very tasty. What really makes the hotel a lovely Balinese experience is the staff who did everything they could to make my trip memorable and I'm looking forward to coming back next year!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Fiona J

Dear Fiona J,

A warm greeting from Horison Seminyak, The Best Balinese Experience Hotel!

Thank you for choosing Horison Seminyak as your accommodation during your holiday and we do appreciate your time to share your positive feedback about your stay experience with us.

It is very honor to have such good comment on our hotel facilities especially our strategic location, our clean and spacious room with nice amenities, our breakfast quality, plus the friendliness of our staff. And it is a great pleasure to read that one of your highlight is to have fun with the free photo with Balinese Dress that we offer to our guest on complimentary. Glad to know that you had a lovely stay with us and will return in future.

Thank you also for recognizing the excellent service which one of our team member (Adi, Sita, Guswi, Budayasa, Sandi, Sasha, and Nisa) has portrayed to accommodate your needs and inquiries during your stay.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Spent four nights at this hotel. I travelled alone this time and wasnt too fussed about accommodation. The service provided by the staff was excellent. The room I had booked was a no frills so I didnt expect much,.... but, the room was on par with some 5 star lodgings where i had stayed before. Good hotel for families with children, or even couples as there were quite a few there. Good wifi signal around the building. The premises are located just off double66 road and surrounded by restaurants and shops. Good value for this type of hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view if you dont want to look at the building next door. Not a negative for me as...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
DahliaPanjaitan, General Manager at Hotel Horison Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear DeMarcofamily,

A warm greeting from Horison Seminyak, The Best Balinese Experience Hotel!

Thank you for the positive comment upon our resort and for your precious time to share it on Trip Advisor.

It is very honor to have such good comment on our hotel facilities especially our strategic location, our clean and spacious room with nice amenities plus our friendly and helpful staff. Glad to know that you had a great stay in Horison Seminyak and recommend us as a value for money hotel..

When you come back to Indonesia and choose Bali again as your destination, please do let us know. On behalf of the entire team, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back and to enjoy another wonderful experience with us in near future.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Just finished my ten day holiday at the Horison Seminyak.

I had a great holiday here and highly recomend the very friendly staff.

Everyone from the house keeping staff, to the cocktails bar, restraunts and front office staff are excellent and always happy to service there Customers.

The nearby restraunts are great as well as massage spa next door just outside hotel entrance.

I have already booked next years holiday again here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
DahliaPanjaitan, General Manager at Hotel Horison Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear mermaidgem,

A warm greeting from Horison Seminyak, The Best Balinese Experience Hotel!

Thank you for the valuable comment upon our hotel and for your precious time to share it on Trip Advisor.

The way you have described about your stay experience is very entertaining and yet a lot of details you highlighted including our staff friendliness, quality of service and hotel facilities. Glad to know that you had a lovely stay with us and will return in future.