“The Villa was what made our holiday to Bali so...”
other travellers have booked this property
Pool. lounge and garden
Kitchen
Veranda
The Bedroom 1
Walk-in Closet.
Bedr 1 and 2 have Walk-in closets and an interconnecting door between the closets.
The Bedroom 1
The Bedroom 2
The Bedroom 3
Bathroom Bedroom 1
Bathroom Bedroom 1
Bathroom Bedroom 3
The Pool
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Laura R
Melbourne, Australia
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed 2 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013

This was our 4th trip to Bali. Each time we have stayed in a private villa in Seminyak. Unfortunately this one did not live up to our expectations. Before booking this place I enquired as to whether security and house-keeping were included. We stayed here for 2 weeks in May 13 and NEVER EVER saw security. I sent an email to the owner querying this and she assured me there was security in the lane way. The house keeper told me someone was supposed to be there from 9.30pm – 9.30am but had a day off on that day. We never did see him!!! Anna (the owner) also never mentioned that the housekeeper was only there for a couple hours each day. Wayan Winnie apparently works from 8.30am-12.30pm although when we were home, we rarely sore her past 10. She also has Sundays off. I had also enquired about recommendations on babysitting before our holiday. She advised that Winnie was wonderful with kids and would be happy to babysit for a small fee. We asked her to babysit one afternoon for 2 hours from 12.30-2.30pm. I specifically told Winnie that the kids would be happy just swimming and she could just keep an eye on them (They are 4 and 6 and pretty good swimmers). That evening my 6 year old asked us not to have her babysit again at that time because she is tired and needed to lie down as it was her rest time! I thought it may have been a misunderstanding so we tried it on one other occasion but she did not allow my son to go in the water again so we gave up on that idea. We had her babysit on one occasion at night but found another babysitter recommended to us who was great with the kids and we really liked and used her after that. Unfortunately she worked full time at another villa so she was only available in the evenings.
The configuration of the villa was also inappropriate for families. There is one bedroom, then outdoor basic kitchen and small living space and then the 2nd bedroom. We had to padlock the kid’s room at night for safety. There are TV’s in both rooms but a very small outdoor living space without a TV and the fans outside are really ineffective due to their height.
The kitchen set up is very basic and always covered in ants. When I mentioned this to the owner her reply was ‘it is an outside kitchen and sometimes there will be ants, but if you don’t leave any food around it will stay in the minimum’. Let me point out that we never left any food out apart from a closed packet of chips and nuts. There were always ants over the kitchen bench, table and the only chopping board which remained on the bench.
On one occasion we thought we’d have dinner cooked for us. We were not told how much this would cost when we enquired. Winnie arranged for a chef to come in and she assisted. We paid US$30 for the groceries and when we asked the chef how much we owned him for the hour his reply was it is up to you but Winnie jumped in very quickly with US$20. The chef seemed a little uncomfortable. We paid but wondered whether we were being overcharged given dinner was for 2 adults and 2 small children.
The rooms were clean, the pool and the location were good but there are too many alternative villas providing much more than this in a similar price range. We got the impression that it was more about the money than providing a great service which the Balinese are renowned for and we have experienced in the past. We booked this place due to the wonderful reviews it received which we are now baffled by. Great trip but disappointing accommodation!!!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool and location
Liked least: Average service and property configuration for young families.
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
2 Jun 2013
Laura,
Always look on the bright side of life... that is our motto.
We are always open for good feedback and make our quests as comfortable and relaxed as possible.
#About my staff Wayan not allowing your 2 kids to swim during babysitting, I have to agree with Wayan, most Balinese cant swim, and they could not help in the pool if anything happened. I prefer this to be the parents responsibility and all my other happy guests do absolutely agree with this.
# My staff Wayan sitting down for a rest at 6pm during babysitting? that cannot be..
Wayan likes her job and takes it very serious.
All my guests appreciate her very much.
# Working hours, The staff works in the morning for about 4 -6 hours (starting hours depending on what time the guests like to have their breakfast served).
They clean the villa, prepare breakfast and let the guests enjoy their privacy, so stay in the background as much as they can, but are still around when needed.
# A booked chef, I have mailed via Flipkey all detailed costs about a cook and info about paying for the groceries.
The fee for booking a chef at the villa is same as at all other villa's in Bali.
My staff Wayan (Winnie) is not making these prices up by herself, she asks what i advise her and which prices the cook asks for.
This payment goes directly to the cook and his helper.
#A few ants in the kitchen, Villa's in Bali have an open plan kitchen and living room with tropical garden surrounded, So if there is not any food left around, it will stay in the minimum. But the staff will always take care of this with a spray, if needed.
#About the security, quite strange not to have seen him, he is posted in the small lane, through which he walks and also posts in front of the entrance doors of both villa's.

I feel very fortunate to have 2 beautiful villa"s , that are appreciated and liked a lot by my regularly returning guests, who always love to stay here and most appreciate my staff, the villa and Location.

Stay happy, enjoy your day;)
Darwin
Reviewed 2 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
2 May 2013
Hello Mel,
Thanks a lot for your beautiful review.
Nice to hear you had a great time with your family.
And will be happy to see you again next year in April.
Western Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway
10 Apr 2013
Hello Debra and Terry,
Thanks for your wonderful review and feedback.
Happy to hear you had a great time again and appreciate the villa, garden and pool. It was a pleasure having you here again.
And ofcourse we try to fill in every need and request of our guests as much as possible.
Looking forward to see you both again in September!
Australia
Reviewed 26 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway
26 Mar 2013
Thanks for your lovely review Belinda.
It was nice having you stay here.
And will be very happy to see you here next year again!
Queensland
Reviewed 8 March 2013 for a stay in February 2013

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
8 Mar 2013
Hello Sarah,
Thank you so much for your lovely review.
I am happy you had a great time and enjoyed the villa, the pool, the garden and the breakfast so much. Will be happy to welcome you again on your next Bali trip. Warm Regards
Anna
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$225
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing