“Serene and beautifully presented”
other travellers have booked this property
Welcome to Villa Suku Lounge area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Welcome to Villa Suku
Lounge area
The lounge area looks across the pool and garden.
The dining bale seats up to 10 guests
Twilight falls across the villa
Twilight view to the dining bale from the garden
A fully equipped kitchen is great for preparing meals
The kitchen looks out across the lounge area
Looking across the pool to the bedroom wing
Looking across the pool to the main villa at twilight
The bedroom wing
Bedroom 1
Bedroom 2
Bedroom 3
Bedroom 4
All bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms
A view to the villa temple
The large stone Ganesh sitting in the garden
Floor plan for Villa Suku
Villa Location map
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
tracy g
Melbourne, Australia
“Serene and beautifully presented”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

This was my fourth trip to Bali and first without the family. I spent quite some time researching the perfect accommodation for myself and 4 girlfriends. Villa Suku ticked all the boxes as far as location and providing everything we needed for a stress free and relaxing holiday.

As an Interior Designer I am quite fussy and have a certain level of standard when it comes to accommodation. Villa Suku was beautifully presented and I loved all the traditional Indonesian elements scattered throughout the villa. We each had our own bedroom with en-suite along with TV and DVD player and air con. The beds were comfortable, the only very small negative was we all found the pillows a little too high! The villa was very clean and three lovely ladies visited us every morning to cook us breakfast, make our beds and tidy up, we did not need to worry about a thing! An absolute luxury for us working Mums taking a break!

The villa is located down a lengthy Gang/Street which was sometimes difficult for taxi's to turn around, however we all quite enjoyed the walk. The plus side was we found it very quiet, considering it is close to the main shopping strip "eat street" and restaurants.
As four women without our husbands it was important to feel safe and secure in the Villa. Not only did we each have a key to our bedrooms, we also had a key to the villa and a security gate, so security was not an issue.

Nothing was ever a problem for the staff and they were more than happy to fulfil any request, weather it be ducking up the Street for supplies, organising our laundry or arranging a driver.

I would love to go back to Villa Suku and would recommend it to families or groups of friends.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The styling and location
Liked least: The pillows
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
15 Aug 2014
Tracy , thank you for enjoying the villa and appreciating the detailed work that has gone into it . I will pass on your comments to Iluh and the staff. Pillows some people love them , other hate them !! Everyone agrees the beds are super comfortable .

Hope you can stay again another time .

Thanks Tim & Anita
Jeff N
Boise, Idaho
“Nice staff, quiet location in busy seminyak”
Reviewed 11 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

Reason we went with three stars as opposed to five stars was that (5) days into our trip we returned one night to have power off at the house. We tried to reset the breaker but something (I believe water pump/softner) shorted out and unable to isolate it from the panel. The villa manager responded very promptly and was able to provide aircon back to 2 of 4 rooms so that night wasn’t completely a heat wave. Unfortunately though due to the hour of night unable to get additional help to repair. The next morning they were able to re-route some power all over the villa with an array of power cables throughout the garden and house. As result they were able to get aircon back to all four rooms but about 1/3 of all other electrical items did not work (microwave; no tv’s – cable – dvds; several lights; pool pump; various wall outlets). We also struggled with water pump running or not over these two days, and once it did run you moved quickly as to not be stranded with heedful of soap and no water.

As result we believe that the hired staff is very considerate and were truly invested in providing a memorable holiday at the villa. They were very apologetic and I felt tried diligently to resolve issue in timely and reasonable manner. I just think that it was outside of their direct control given the magnitude of issue to resolve. If you couple this with other visitor reviews and their comments I too agree that this group does attempt to provide effective and considerate service for guests. We did run into (2) other groups staying at villa’s along the same gang and they really loved there villa’s and stated by sounds of it that their amenities were a little more modern and that they had no other issues. As a result I think we will shop around on our next visit to compare Villa Suku to a few of these others before making decisions.

Now onto the VILLA SUKU setup prior to issues:

Now to the villa itself to house (6) of us -> Ages 71, 42, 43, 14, 12, 9

Staff -> very considerate and polite. They promptly showed up at our chosen breakfast time and provided a very simple but effective meal of eggs, toast, fruit, juices, coffee. Our kids brought in some cereal from the mini-mart to supplement. It was casual and decent way to start morning. They efficiently moved on to cleaning and tidying up of premise, making beds, cleaning up lawn, servicing pool and such. All of which I would estimate took about 1 hour maybe 1.5 hours. They even did our laundry a couple times and what we thought was very good price, especially for the ease of it.

Villa Itself (other than electrical outage incident) -> The décor was excellent and had lots of Indonesian/Bali influence. It felt very homely and enjoyable. The kids frequented the pool as did I, especially to cool off from heat. The post meal evenings were spent in living room with fans blowing and reflecting on prior days accomplishments and next days activities. Overall though we are activity driven travelers so we didn’t spend any large blocks of time (say 4+ hours) at villa at any given time during the day. Rather we were off on different island adventures. I could see however though that if you really want to just kick back and lounge around then this villa would do excellent job of that. The place as clean and appeared to have lots of personal care given to it as it did not seem like a turn and burn money changer villa. The amenities were newer, and when electrical did work the aircon was very good. The units visually looked relatively new and provided fast and effective climate control. The garden area and pool bed were relaxing for me as I would get up every morning before everyone else and check on computer for work/emails/etc. The wifi worked ok for email and basic web searching but downloads and/or uploads of large data was very slow or errored out. For example I have slingbox and was able to connect at the airport in SD but not at the Villa. Oh well I am on vacation anyway so not a big deal.

Villa Location (other than electrical outage incident) -> The villa location is at the end of long gang off Jalan Drupadi strip. It takes about 7-8 minute walk to get to the road as you pass other villas. The distance provides a ton of quiet from the hustle and bustle for relaxing time, but with my mother of 71 attending the distance did wear her out over the week somewhat. All in all though I would choose the distance from the main hustle and bustle to ensure quietness. The main road (Jalan Drupadi) provides access to busy shopping/restaurant district. It’s a narrow road though with no sidewalk so you need to be somewhat careful but as we learned tons of people are making way up and down it all hours of the day. We found tons of great little restaurants (used trip advisor to narrow our options prior). None of the choices were poor as we were satisfied for the most part.

Seminyak Comments -> This was our first time to Bali and when talking to friends who have visited their suggestions were all over where to go on the Island. After running all over the Island I am pleased with this location as it provided very close shopping, tons of restaurant locations, and decent launching point to the north end of island for (3) of our adventure excursions we did. Some of the other participants on these were staying at Nusa Dua and wished they did not have as long of commute due to traffic and distance for the North End trips. You need to check which beaches are good though due to rainy/dry season. In January the beaches near Seminyak were very poor and we ended up going to Geger Beach via driver of van for (6) of us and were pleased with it. In fact we may attempt our next stay over there/near south peninsula just to mix it up. All in all though for first visit I think Seminyak is great intro to Bali.

I would definitely be willing to consider working with owners of Villa Suku (as well as comparing a few other properties) next time we come to Bali if staying in/around Seminyak area and see what future guests state on their visit.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Auckland
Reviewed 29 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Bendigo
Reviewed 24 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Sydney
Reviewed 19 July 2013 for a stay in April 2013

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing