As I mentioned in a review of the restaurant at the Legian it's hard to put into words how utterly incredible this hotel is - there simply aren't enough superlatives in the English language. I don't think this review is ever going to do justice to the experience we just had of staying here and I cannot imagne how any future hotel we stay in will live up to the expectations this has fostered in us.
The start of our visit naturally was fantastic as due to them knowing it had been my birthday a few days before they upgraded us to a deluxe one bedroom suite. I am sure we would have been equally wowed by the studio suite we had booked but the new room really was beautiful. I have stayed in rooms close to this before but never with all the touches that make it exceed. The massive balcony looking over the sea with a double bed lounger and tables and chairs on it really stand out. The furnishings are just that more luxurious, the sheets and towels more opulent than I have seen before. The daily routines that deliver fresh fruit and flowers when the room is made up and a sweet treat, and poem and flower on the bed on turn down are lovely.
The hotel's location and layout also are just perfect - apparently all the rooms look out on to the ocean. Three cascading infinity pools rise up from the beach which ultimately leads to the restaurant. A bar at each side of the pool allows for both a great pause in your day for a lunch while provding an amazing setting for a drink or simpler dinner in the evening. The design of the pool area leading to the beach is inspired with the shallow pool at the top for the children leading down to the deep adult's pool at the bottom - you lounge at the level you are looking for and for us looking for peace at the bottom are almost unaware that above us some children are playing. The loungers near the beach make you feel like you are actually on the beach and create an "infinity" lounging experience.
Breakfast has to be called out as the best I have had in a hotel. The buffet elements are gorgeous but the cooked breakfasts are ordered at your table on demand and come perfect every time.
The staff at this hotel are also the best I have ever come across. Every guest's name seems to be memorised so they know who you are as you go through the hotel. Everyone in every role seems desperate to make your day and your stay better. The security guards keeping you safe who offer the taciturn smile making sure you can cross the road safely. The pool attendants who return every time your parasols need moving to keep you in shade if you desire, or to smooth out your towels when you go swimming. The continuous topping up of subtely flavoured water to keep you hydrated or the little tasters of a sorbet or iced tea that are brought to your lounger. Everything adds up to the most amazing experience. I am sure the hotel employees more staff on any day than there are guests.
It also needs mentioning how almost everything once you are here is complimentary. All the drinks in the mini bar, water bottles throughout the room, the daily refreshed fruit and snacks in your room, the afternoon tea every day at the pool, even a surfing lesson from the lifeguard they employee to keep you safe when swimming in the sea.
This hotel gets everything right, from the big things in it's original design down to the tiniest touches of every day staying there. I can easily believe it has been rated as one of the best in the world - I struggle to imagine what better could be. If you have the opportunity to stay here do not pass it up go and have your perspective about what hotel excellence is changed forever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Legian Bali is an exclusive all-suite hotel set in landscaped tropical gardens, offering unrivalled views across the Indian Ocean. Flanked by quiet beach, this luxurious property offers a unique chance to experience the magical island of Bali in a relaxed setting. Beautifully integrated within landscaped gardens and lotus ponds, The Legian Bali boasts 67 sea-facing suites plus The Beach House in an ample variety of exquisite accommodation style. Situated in a quiet enclave in Seminyak, and adjacent to the exclusive The Legian Bali, a cluster of 14 private villas stands majestically amid scented gardens and private pools. This exquisite residence that redefines luxury living in the tropics is The Club at The Legian, offering guests the ultimate in privacy, and unobtrusive, yet flawless, personalised service. The Legian Bali and The Club at The Legian present all the charms of Balinese hospitality in its personable service, customised spa treatments and alluring surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Legian Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Bali Seminyak
- Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Hotel Bali
- Legian Seminyak
- Bali Legian