All reviews mase restaurant wellness centre our honeymoon ippolito coffee private pool scoopon deal seminyak square shuttle service deluxe villa potato head free shuttle every morning main pool bottled water merah putih high walls daily breakfast
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

*Caution* During our stay May 22 - 24th the Maca was undergoing renovations and felt it appropriate to conduct grinding of metal and concrete from 6 pm to 915 pm. The concept of a peaceful private villa was wasted. Renovations also effected the restaurant area. The on duty manager followed up on the 23rd apologizing and attempting to make amends, and has taken several appreciated steps to attempt to make up for the lost enjoyment.

The hotel states that the renovation is now complete, and it does appear it is coming to an end.

We stayed in villa number 5, and found it relatively well maintained, however does show signs this place is in need of detailed inspection and repair on more regular basis. The outside decking is aged and in need of replacement, but still appears safe for the immediate future. Pool is pleasant, however water intake/ and pump are nearest the bedroom and if you’re a light sleeper this may cause you issues.

As some may be concerned on the bug situation, we observed small ants on the deck, which were easily dispatched with the provided spray, and did not return until the next day. There are small inchworm style creatures in the bathroom which were not very “scary” I was told by my significant other. There was also a gecko in the living room area. He was cool, lived behind the painting, didn’t bother us.

The surrounding road and lack of sidewalk do make walking a little more challenging or stressful to some. Suggest taking the shuttle whenever possible.

The breakfast options were good, and taste and presentation were on point.

To conclude, the staff at the Maca are very pleasant, and based on North American standards this is a good four star hotel / resort which could be a five with a higher attention to detail, fit and finish. Unfortunately due to our personal experience we are not able to rate this establishment any higher.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg T
Yoga I, General Manager at Maca Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear Greg T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay at Maca Villas & Spa Bali. We always strive to deliver the best levels of service to our guests, and evidently you did not receive the experience we strive to achieve as a five star establishment and I would ask that you accept my sincere apologies for the shortfall you experienced during your stay with us.

It is through valuable feedback such as yours that enable us to constantly monitor and improve our operation. Your comments regarding the renovation issue that creating noise until 9 pm are duly noted, we assure you that these experiences do not reflect to our standard and has certainly prompted our team to revisit these areas procedurally to ensure that our service and product are as sound as possible, and the major project of the mainpool deck has been completed on the 24 of May 2018.

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our breakfast options, we receive many positive comments about our restaurant along with our team at Maca and I am happy to hear that you felt likewise.

Greg T, I trust that you will not judge us on this one experience and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Maca Villas & Spa Bali in the near future, so that we may have the chance to show you true Maca hospitality.

Should you wish to discuss your stay in more detail, I would very much like the opportunity to speak with you personally. I can be reached at gm@macavillas.com or on +62 361 739090.

With very best regards from Maca family,

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Hi, loved the staff here, very courteous and helpful. Poola villa is pretty good. But not 4-5*. It's somewhere near 4*. If you have eye for detail you will notice a lot needs to he done. Overall Good.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear 800amitj,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a positive feedback about us on Trip Advisor. Your valued comments and suggestions are important for us to improve our performance and ensure that all our guests leave having experienced true Maca Moments.

We delighted to know how much you enjoyed the villas along with the service levels of all the employees.

800amitj, I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to Maca Villas & Spa in the near future for some more pampering.

With very best regards from Maca Family,

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed in maca villas in seminyak for 1 week and all i can say it wont be receiving honeymoon destination of the year in 2018. This place is not worth the money. If you are happy to stay in your villa for the duration of your stay and relax its perfect. There is no amenties on site except a tiny pool which is over looked by the outrageously priced restaurant which was empty for the whole week. Its located on a filthy road with loads of wild dogs. its20 min walk to beach 30min walk to seminyak square.
Plumbing in villa was terrible tank and pipes in bathroom rumbled all nite long. Little bugs and creatures crawelling around villa so be sure to keep doors closed.
The worst issue we had was customer service. We booked a transfer thru hotel which collected us from airport and brought us to wrong hotel. They have a sister hotel 30mins away from seminyak in a very run down slum area with nothing around it. We were checked in as normal not asked for booking reference from agent once and brought to are villa. After 20 hours of travelling we went asleep got up next morning and relaxed by our pool. We were due to go on excurison that evening as we waited in lobby to be collected i asked reception where is the resturant and pool that was stated in my booking she said not here in other hotel. Thats when we realised they put us in wrong hotel..After a few hours of unnecessary stress they eventually transfered us over to the hotel we had paid for original..not once did anyone apologise to us for the mistake they blamed agent, agent blamed them..This was really distressing for us and ruined the first few daya of our honeymoon..Would not stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank karyna t

Dear Karyna t,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay at Maca Villas & Spa Bali. We always strive to deliver the best levels of service to our guests and I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to do so. This is certainly not the experience we want our valued guests to have while stay at Maca.

Evidently you did not receive the experience we strive to achieve as a five star establishment and I would ask that you accept our sincere apologies for the shortfall you experienced during your stay with us.

Responding to your feedback that you’re accommodated in a wrong hotel. Actually, we have accommodated your reservation according to the confirmation letter that we received from travel agent (GTA), your reservation originally requested by the travel agent is for Maca Villas and Spa Umalas (the sister company), therefore we made the reservation based on those request. Once we noticed the discrepancy we directly contact the agent and according to our communication with the travel agent (GTA), they have made a mistake and informed us that there was mapping error occurred from their side that effected to the invalid confirmation of your reservation.

We also have send you an email to clarify your reservation. On the email we also included our correspondence with travel agent for your perusal. We do hope this information will help you to have clearer feature about what was happened to your reservation.
Karyna t, despite your unfortunate experience, I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Maca to experience the villa at its best.Thank you once again for your feedback and should you wish to discuss your stay in more detail, I would very much like the opportunity to speak with you personally. I can be reached at gm@macavillas.com or on +62 361 739090.

With very best regards from Maca family,

・ウェルカムドリンクがうまい
多少のミス(掃除し忘れ等)はありましたが、言えばやってくれましたし、
基本的には感動的な滞在になりました。また来たいです。
滞在中は工事中でしたので、これから行く方は施設ももっときれいかも?

I stayed as honeymoon for 5 days.
Villa & Hospitality was sooo good.
They can contact by Facebook, so I ask some questions before staying.
I borrow floating and enjoy it because they helped borrowing it.
Totally, it became the best trip for me.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

My wife and I have just returned from 10 nights at Maca Villas. We had the most wonderful stay looked after by the best, friendly and attentive team you could ever expect.
We must say from the outset that the villas and surroundings do need a little love and care, new is decking urgently required around common pool area and the villa plunge pool and the lounge in our villa needs replacing, but against that you have great privacy (you wouldn't even know there are another 24 villas), and the care shown from all staff (especially Ngurah) was unbelievable.
Mase Restaurant is brilliant, we had breakfast included (some great choices), as was afternoon tea, and we went for dinner several times.
All wait staff were excellent but a special thanks must go to Woody and Ita who we now see as friends...what lovely people.
To our singing barman (I am sorry we don't know your name) thank you for our special renditions.
Will have no hesitation in coming back, thank you all for making our break so special.

Room tip: The privacy is exceptional
Date of stay: April 2018