“A place to call home while you're on holiday”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 163 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Trippy143
“A place to call home while you're on holiday”
Reviewed 28 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

Had a fantastic stay in Villa Castilla from 9-13 Dec. Everything from our meeting at the airport by our driver Darna, to the welcome by the villa's manager Sindu and the ever affable housekeeper Ani were perfect! I'd researched so many places to stay in Bali and this ticked off all my requirements - a place to accommodate our group of 9, near restaurants & a swimming pool area safe for my kids. Correspondence with the owner Susan was also a breeze as every one of my queries were answered promptly. The villa is literally 20-30 steps from the bustling Jalan Kayu Aya but we hardly heard any traffic at night (and trust me there's constant honking from taxis). There's a Guardian directly opposite the villa and that fantastic Good Earth Café, which you must eat at! Chandi, Ultimo and a plethora of restaurants are right at your doorstep! Despite all these, the best thing about staying at Villa Castilla were the people who ran the place. Darna, our driver, was so accommodating and always had a smile for us. He recommended many interesting places for us to visit and even arranged a special evening for us with the owner of Beach Bali Café when he knew we were celebrating our anniversary. It's such a relief when you don't have to worry about transportation in Bali because it comes with the price of the villa! Our housekeeper Ani does make the best banana pancakes!! Sindu arranged for massages in our villa despite our late request and we were thankful for that! Would definitely recommended this place to large groups and parents who want peace of mind when it comes to villa pools - this pool is permanently fenced! Thank you Susan, Sindu, Darna & Ani for making our holiday in Bali a most memorable one!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Affordable, great accomodation in the heart of Seminyak!
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Erica T
“Castle Oasis”
Reviewed 17 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

Villa Castilla was so breathtaking. The entire house was made from stone which made me feel as if I was staying in a castle. Inside, the lounge/dining area was a large open space with a wall of doors that opened up to the lovely view of the crystal clear pool. All the rooms were spacious and just as exquisite as the next. Everything in the house was amazingly well kept every day thanks to our fantastic house staff Ani and Yanti, who also prepared breakfast for us daily. A very special mention to our driver Gusti, who we now like to consider as our friend. Gusti was so accommodating, offering to drive us at any time of the day and was always willing to have a good laugh with us! The location of Villa Castilla couldn't have been any more superb. It was set back of a bustling street full of many shops and restaurants. Although it was set on a busy street, no noise could be heard at the villa day and night. During the night we had a security guard at the front of the villa so I never felt uneasy inside the villa. Overall, Villa Castilla was so beautiful and there is nothing I can fault it on. I would definitely recommend it to friends and I hope to come back to Bali soon!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Your age range 13-17
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups People with pets
Jordan T
Adelaide, Australia
“If I was a Princess, this would be my palace...”
Reviewed 12 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014

I've always been skeptical about booking online accommodation. Often than not, I have found the photos were amazing but the reality was a let down. This was definitely NOT the case at Villa Castilla.

Waiting at the airport as we arrived was our driver, Gusti, holding a sign with our name and a frangipani lei (necklace) for each of us. Once we reached the Villa, we were welcomed by the villa manager, Sindu, and a refreshing drink - exactly what we needed after 12 hours of travelling. My first impression had already exceeded anything I could imagine.

Villa Castilla was like a palace. The walls and architecture was so beautiful. The outdoor landscape took my breathe away! I refused to stay inside when there was a luxurious pool bed with my name on it.

The location was great! We felt like we were in the heart on Seminyak (whether we were or not), the street was buzzing 24/7 with life - though none of it could be heard from the Villa.

I most enjoyed our very friendly housekeepers, Ani and Yanti, who did everything they could to make our stay relaxing and care-free. All of the staff involved with our stay were extraordinary and made our first ever Bali holiday unforgettable. I will definitely be back one day :)

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: All the lovely staff
Liked least: The amount of mosquito's :(
Your age range 18-24
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Martina T
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“Exceptional Villa in Ideal Location”
Reviewed 26 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

Beautiful. This was our first impression of Villa Castilla when we arrived and which stayed with us for the length of our stay.

Villa Castilla is in a great location. The entire length of the street is an array of restaurants, bars, shops and markets, all in easy walking distance. The hardest thing you will have to do is decide where and what type of cuisine you want to eat!

Many thanks to Susan and her team for taking care of details such as transfers from and to the airport, arranging breakfast on our first morning, suggestions on what to do and where to go and much more. This attention to detail made things simple for us and value added to our first-time Bali holiday experience.

Special mentions to Gusti, our driver / tour guide / personal assistant (we came to think of him as our friend) and to Ani and Yanti for cooking us an ample breakfast each day and taking care of the housekeeping. We appreciate the excellent service you gave us.

When we come back to Bali we want to stay at Villa Castilla. :)

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location and staff services
Liked least: How quickly 5 day passed
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Sapet
“Great value for money.”
Reviewed 26 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

The villa was fantastic, very spacious , clean and comfortable . Staff were amazing!!!! Only downfall was the water pressure in bedroom downstairs . Location excellent right in the heart of seminyak shopping strip. I would stay there again.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing