“Fantastic hotel”
Review of W Bali - Seminyak

W Bali - Seminyak
Ranked #19 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Modern, "club" style hotel with a lovely pool and beach area. Amazing cocktails in the W bar, friendly staff and great service all over the hotel. Big hotel, so not somewhere you should go if you are looking for something very private, but great if you are in the mood for beach clubs.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
CraigSeawardWBali, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear MKHannani,

Many thanks for sharing your 5-star feedback. We're thrilled to hear that you had a great W experience and enjoyed your escape with us, from the exciting hotel facilities, signature cocktails, to the excellent service by our friendly talents. When you're happy, we're happy - we'll be sure to pass on your kind compliments to the rest of our talents.

Reviews (3 502)

49 - 53 of 3 502 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After a recent stay with my partner (October 2017), I was appalled at what lay just beyond the perimeter of this beautiful hotel. After setting foot onto the "beach", we were horrified at the amount of debris, garbage, smells, as well as dead sea life on the beach. I read a recent reader's review about "dipping in and out of the ocean", a feat, that I would not have dared from leaving the hotel grounds, based on mere health and safety concerns. I cant fault the hotel itself or grounds, but come on the "W" clean up your act!! Disappointed that on a Saturday afternoon, there were no W Hotel staff in sight, at least trying to maintain the cleanliness of the beach front.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sebastian G
c_seaward, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Sebastian B,

Many thanks for your TripAdvisor review. However, please allow me to use this opportunity to respond to your comment about the beach.

All the beaches in Bali are public and we do not own, nor are we able to use any portions of the beach in front of the hotel in any way. We are not allowed to put pool loungers on it or use the beach for any commercial return and hence the reason why the hotel has created its own beach area within the hotel grounds.

We do however take it upon ourselves, as a part of “our duty of responsibility” to keep the beach clean as there are no government beach cleaners who do this job. We have a set of permanent beach cleaners, who we employ, to work from 6am to 6pm daily cleaning the beach.

There are days in the year where we can have as many as 100 staff from the hotel cleaning the beach every hour, and we can take 2 tons of garbage off the beach daily from the 185 meters of beach front that we overlook. We participate in Bali beach cleaning days, we participate in the International Coastal Cleanup , we participate in mangrove planting programs and we run educational programs for our staff to help them understand that throwing household garbage into the dry rivers causes the problem on the beach that they are now helping to clean up.

I know that the general public don’t see all the effort that we go to, but if they do understand our commitment and involvement to this cause, we would hope that some credit would be given to the hotel for the effort that we go to, to play our part in cleaning the beach in front of the hotel, when the local government do nothing to support this. There is always room for improvement and we do our best to present the beach in the best possible way.

I hope that this explanation helps you and other readers understand the work we do towards beach cleaning.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great cocktails, happy hour at the pool bar (buy one get one), 24/7 open spa, professionals massages, with a 25% discount after 10pm... rooms are great, staff is super friendly. Good music, good restaurants, good service... W Hotels are always a good choice

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello Evina88,

Thank you kindly for your 5-star feedback. We're thrilled to hear that you had a great W experience and enjoyed the many facilities that we offer throughout your stay. We pride in having extremely outstanding talents delivering exceptional service and we're glad that you appreciate the same. When you're happy, we're happy - we'll be sure to pass on your kind compliments to the rest of our team.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Based in Melbourne, I recently had the pleasure of dealing with the staff at the W to organise a special gift for my best friend and her new husband on their honeymoon. They were travelling to the W for 3 nights and as the gift I wanted to arrange a dinner, treatments and room upgrade for them.

I emailed the W hotel and no sooner had I sent the email that they were back in contact with me, sending me many solutions to what I was able to arrange and offering to make the stay as special as possible by decorating the room and arranging a welcome cocktail.

Upon check-in I had a letter that needed to be left and vouchers / instructions for what had been organised for my friends. IT WAS SEAMLESS. not only were the staff friendly and accomodating to me, they ensured they were upgraded to an incredible Villa, the dinner was booked and sorted and there was a beautiful voucher waiting for the spa.

Organising this from Melbourne could have been a headache but it was simply a pleasure to deal with everyone from the W and they did not miss one detail that I had asked for. They made the experience for my friend once in a lifetime and I cant say thank you enough. I cant wait to get back there myself!!!!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie M

Hello Julie M,

Thank you kindly for sharing your 5-star feedback. We're thrilled to hear that you had a pleasant experience arranging a great escape for your best friend. We pride on our team of extraordinary talents and exceptional service, we're glad to hear that you appreciate the same. When you're happy, we're happy - we'll be sure to pass on your kind compliments to the rest of the team at W Bali - Seminyak.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future. See you soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I got the special treat from my husband on my birthday. He organised spa and this is the first time I have been to W Hotel. We were treated warmly from the minute we arrived. We had the best spa and the massage was brilliant. Away spa was the most appreciative of the service provided by the spa therapists. They were very professional and friendly. Great ambience & Facilities.

Also we had an unforgettable dinner at FIRE. The dishes were delicious and fresh. Nice Place! I got little surprise ( meant a lot to me ) during our dinner . Thank you so much FIRE's crew.

The overall experience exceeded our expectations & W Hotel here lived up to its name. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JeEra M

Hello JeEra M,

Many thanks for sharing your 5-star feedback and happy belated birthday! We're thrilled to be a part of such a special celebration and exceeded your expectation of a W experience, from the rejuvenating spa treatment at the 24/7 Away Spa to the dining options at our modern grill FIRE. When you're happy, we're happy - we'll be sure to pass on your kind compliments to the rest of the team at W Bali - Seminyak.