Official Site
Orbitz.com
ZenHotels.com
Reviews (1 278)
1 278 results
All reviews golf course the south china sea wings main lobby high tea no alcohol spaghettini star hotel pantai restaurant ocean view large balcony pools atrium gold club cinema empire
Selected filters
49 - 54 of 1 278 reviews
Reviewed 31 March 2019 via mobile

Beautiful Hôtel sourounded by stuning nature and sea-side. Rooms huge and luxury, staff very nice, many sports activities and nice buffet and staff in Panthai restaurant. Hamdi as Hôtel pool-bar was just so frienfly and professional. This Hôtel worth a visit!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Guess1975
Reviewed 27 March 2019

Back to stay at The Empire. It is as lovely as ever. I am glad that they have "picked up" some more business; they deserve it. Staff is friendly as always. Hotel is beautiful and well kept. I have stayed here several times over a period of 10 years and find the hotel and everything it has to offer, a delight.

Room tip: I have stayed in several different rooms and haven't been in a "lesser one" yet.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank mariejose1961
Reviewed 24 March 2019 via mobile

I am a foreigner and have been working in Brunei for more than 18 years.. My family came to visit me and was really amazed by the beauty of the hotel, amazing architecture and amazing views... we had a pleasant nights in, but things started to go down hill the next morning. We went for breakfast, the quality was really good, but the only thing that we didn’t think was necessary was that now, they actually serve you the juice were as before it was on the buffet counter.. what if someone was chocking and needed water or something.. we have to wait for the waiter to come and serve us juice, the juice wasn’t even served on arrival, but when we were about to leave,

Apart from that, there is a new rule that we have to leave the hotel latest by 12.00pm.. Me and my family are Muslims and we usually attend the Zohor prayer at 12.35, we requested to stay alittle longer till around 12.45 because we wanted to attend our prayers in the room but when we asked the front office, they said that the general manager Mr, Nigel Badminton did not allow us to do so... My grandfather that is 80 years old now has to get on a car and drive all the way to the mosque just because we were not allow to stay any longer that 12.00..

To me this was really unacceptable as a person that has been living in Brunei for all my life and grew up with the new law of “Syariah” inplaced not being allowed to hold my prayers in a 6 Star hotel room..

Another thing that happened was that one of my family members just applied for a green IC, In Empire there is a discount for those who have that green ic.. My family member did not pick up his IC yet but had the receipt of the IC card and the Card number.. when we checked in at night, the night shift were okay with it, but when we checked out, the supervisor really tried to understand our situation and really tried to help us out, but once he asked the General manager again, He replied with a direct No and demanded to see the Original IC, the receipt usually states your name, your ID number and whatever relèvent information.. same as what is stated in your Passport.. but yeah, we ended up paying the full amount of money anyways... without any discount,

Me coming from the hospitality industry myself can relate to these things, but at the same time, what happened to “the guest is always right” “the guests happiness should be the number 1 priority”... were just lost in the world of business to even think about those simple things of the hospitality industry.. And yet again, if there is a problem, someone will always find the fault of the other and never admit to ones own mistakes..

What a very disappointing weekend.

6  Thank Danialm114
Reviewed 20 March 2019 via mobile

Lovely stay as always. Well taken care of by dennis and jesus from the eclub. One thing about this hotel is that the check in and check out times are very rigid and out of the 6 times
Ive cheekily asked for an upgrade... well... never get one lol.Maybe front desk staff should exercise a little leniency and not be too afraid to give lovely surprises/gestures to guests, especially those who stay at the hotel at least 4 times a year, for the past 7 years. All the other SEA 4/5 star hotels we have been to are far far more accommodating. Anyway to end with a positive note- lovely lovely eclub staff.

Reviewed 19 March 2019 via mobile

This Hotel is well placed on the Beach. It has everything you need in a hotel. first class Gym and Spa, with beautiful pools dotted all around the hotel.
The scenery is breathtaking, and do try and get a room facing the sea.
Rooms are very large, with free bar filled with soft drinks and water complementary from the hotel.The bed is super comfortable and you have a working desk and a settee.
The bathroom is Massive with bath tub that is also a jacuzzi.
With a separate shower room and separate toilet. There is his and her sinks as well, equipped with all that you need from tooth brushes to shaving razors and all your soaps.

1  Thank Waad A