See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

Me and boyfriend needed some quality time and that was the perfect to be. I will make it my next visit again. Was very nice and quiet no disturbance. I would recommend anyone to go there book yourself a room and enjoy every minute of it

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank COTY55
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

The Robertson region is a great place to explore, especially if you are into wine tasting. With the likes of Springfield and Graham Beck there is quality wine to be enjoyed and there is Klipdrift for the brandy fans. Since it's a 2 hour trip away from Cape Town, I needed a place to crash after all the tastings and found myself checking in at the Grand Hotel. The hotel is over 150 years old and so comes with the expected quirks but is now under new management who has big plans for the hotel. Our experience was great and we were looked after from start to finish during our stay. What was first a necessity became a highlight. We really enjoyed the food at the Grand Hotel. This paired with clean rooms and comfortable beds completed the formula for a really lovely experience.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2016

Two night stay for a family function. Honest down to earth accommodation with clean rooms and plenty of hot water. Breakfasts cooked to order . Free wi-fi with good speed as well.The wooden floors tend to be a bit creaky but all in all a very good value for money deal.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Clean affordable accommodation. I would recommend it for business travelers. Rooms are a bit long in the tooth with old tube tv's. If you looking for something romantic I would not recommend this establishment.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2016

What an amazing hotel ! So beautifully maintained and in it's original form. The staff were great. Lauren your breakfasts are stunning. Loved your omelette :) Room was very neat and clean. Thank you for organizing the parking for me. I loved sitting on the top balcony in the mornings looking at the beautiful mountains. I loved the fact that you are so down to earth - it made me feel right at home :) Take care and will see you soon.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business