See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 January 2017

I travel a great deal for business and pleasure. I would say i generally stay away form home approx 10 nights a month. my range of travel in the last 12 months extends to Europe, Indonesia, China, Eastern Europe, USA and Southern Africa.

I recently stayed in Robertson for Two nights and was not expecting too much as the town is small an geared for tourists in the wine season.

I was blown away when i checked into Galloway from the moment we arrived. The staff an owner operators are hands on and made all the necessary introductions to the property without overdoing the reception. The rooms were perfect with stunning views and fantastic facilities. Overall, everything you need for a great stay and nothing over or underdone.

Needless to say, we had a great stay and will definitely stay again should we need accommodation anywhere in the general vicinity.

Johan and Jana, you have definitely got the formula right.

PC

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GallowayGuestHouse, Owner at Galloway Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2017

Hi PC

Thank you for your kind review! We worked hard to get our formula right, so it is much appreciated when this is noticed by our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards
Jana & Johan

Reviewed 6 January 2017

My wife and I had the privilege of staying six nights at the Galloway Guest House at the end of December 2016.

From the start Jana and John made us feel at home. Every morning we had long discussions with both Jana and John and they helped us with our wine journey through the Robertson Winelands.

The rooms are beautiful and clean with an amazing bathroom. They have a refreshing swimming pool and a beautiful view of the mountains.

If you ask Jana or John nicely, they’ll even take you to the associated Exdiem Wine and Olives Farm just down the road for a private tasting of their amazing wines and olive oils. I have to say that I was amazed how affordable these wines and olive oils were.

I would highly recommend Galloway Guest House to anybody and my wife and I will definitely visit them in the near future.

Room Tip: Be prepared to be spoiled at breakfast

Hi Reinard

It was such a pleasure hosting you and Lilian. We love it when our guests stay longer so they properly get to experience the guesthouse and the valley.

Please come again!

Regards
Jana & Johan

Reviewed 6 January 2017

We spent a night at Galloway when attending a friend's wedding at Pat Busch Nature Reserve – both owners were incredibly friendly and the staff was welcoming and very helpful. Rooms are beautifully decorated (very on trend!), clean and have lovely mountain views. As we were there in summer, the pool was fantastic and pool towels were provided for us. Breakfast was also good. All-in-all, would definitely recommend Galloway!

Reviewed 27 December 2016

We were greeted by the very friendly owner upon arrival. The rooms are a good size, with a clean bathroom(shower&bath) and a small veranda with a great view. We took a splash in the pool which is surrounded by the beautiful olive farm. The room is thoughtfully decorated. Breakfast was superb and we even bought olive oil that is made on the farm.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

Although we only stayed for one night, because of a wedding we had to attend in the area, we were treated like we royalty. Will definitely go back and stay longer. Good, clean, friendly helpful upmarket getaway.