Lowest prices for your stay
Breakfast included
Western Cape, South Africa

Quiet and Peaceful

Review of Karoo Lodge
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Jul 2015
I stayed there for 1 night and what a lovely B+B. A good location if you want to walk around town. My room was very spacious and comfortable and the hosts so friendly and helpful. They made me feel very welcome. Nice big breakfast. Definitely recommended.
Trip type: Travelled solo
  • Vio.com
    R 398
48.5 km from Karoo Lodge
View more hotels in Prince Albert
All reviews charming little town the main road beautiful garden en route comfortable beds george lodge cape
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2015

Prince Albert is a beautiful little town and the Karoo Lodge is the perfect place to stay.
I spent one night there with my family and will surely visit them again.
Spent the evening with the hosts, George and Elsabe and tested their great food and enjoyed perfect hospitality.
The rooms are spacious with all the amenities and creature comforts you need.
Waking up on a crisp winter morning, you hear the birds sing in the trees and can easily be mistaken for thinking you have just woke up on a Karoo farm!
Smelling the coffee and enjoying the great breakfast will make you know for sure that you are on that Karoo farm!
George and Elsabe, thank you for a great time. We will surely visit you next year and every year after that.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2015

We went to Karoo Lodge in Prins Albert again. This time for a wonderful family reunion. And as always, our stay was great. The owners were very kind, helpful and knowledgeable. The food was great as was the service. The rooms were oh so clean. I just love the bathrooms and everything about the place. Will definitely visit again!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2015 via mobile

Spending the evening with George & Elisabeth made us feel like we are home.
The rooms are spacious with all the creature comforts you need.
Waking up on a crisp winter morning, hearing the birds singing in the many trees in the area, you can easily be mistaken for thinking you have just woken up on a beautiful Karoo farm!
Once you smell the coffee and taste the awesome breakfast, you know you've woken up on that farm!
Next year we'll be back at the Karoo Lodge, and every year after that!

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2015

Karoo Lodge is well known as a guest house and have stayed there many times over the years, so I may be biased in my review. However George's culinary skills is somewhat of an insider's secret - once you have experienced his signature dish of slow cooked braised whole lamb neck you will never forget it !

Room tip: Room V is the best in winter !
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2015

I was travelling for work and stayed at the Karoo Lodge for five nights, from Sunday to Friday – one of the best hospitality experiences I have ever had. My room en-suite was large and spacious, the king-sized bed very comfortable (with two mohair blankets offered by Elsabe) and the shower non-slip and ingenious, all conveniences including Wifi and DeskSpace at hand. It was too cold to enjoy the beautiful garden or pool but I imagine they would be a bonus for summer visitors.

And I couldn’t have had better hosts than George and Elsabe along with their daughter Raghnhilde. Without any doubt, their warmth and hospitality was the highlight of my trip – nothing was too much trouble for this hard-working couple.
While in Prince Albert I ate at @66, their own restaurant in the Karoo Lodge, every single night because the food was so good and the company enjoyable. George is a self-taught cook who is expert at preparing Karoo lamb dishes – his off-the-bone oven-roasted lamb neck with a jus is to die for! – as well as breakfasts featuring perfectly done soft organic eggs with yolks as orange as a sunrise. Rannhild’s breakfasts are in the same league -- I felt in good hands all week. George and Elsabe are well-informed about local history in this area, helpful on finding the best local produce and recommending places to visit or eat. It was so relaxing and comfortable a stay I felt I was spending time with old friends and could make the place my own, a home away from home.

I left Karoo Lodge with bags of freshly shelled pecan nuts from their own trees and hoping I get a chance to return soon.

• Trip type: Travelled on business