Review Highlights
Taking home some Karoo succulents

We live on a farm in the free state,and use ground water sparingly. On a visit to Prince Albert we... read more

Reviewed 7 July 2019
Christa G
Villiers, South Africa
Karoo secrets

Reviewed 28 September 2017
FrancoiseArmour
Cape Town Central, South Africa

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Mention Sue Dean to anyone in the country who is interested in plants and nature and they know who she is. Impressive and well-deserved. Sue led my botanist clients and I on a wonderful guided walk around her private reserve and we were thrilled. Without her, we would never have noticed many of the plants and we would certainly not have learnt much just looking alone. Sadly, the current drought is causing much harm and Sue is visibly upset to see this, but next year the rains should come and all will be good again.

I recommend this tour to anyone - not only those with a specialist in plants - because many people think the Karoo is dull and this reserve, with Sue's knowledge, will change the way people perceive the Karoo.

Thanks Sue!

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank FrancoiseArmour
Reviewed 10 October 2016

It was a real privilege to take a walk through the Wolwekraal Nature Reserve together with Sue Milton. Learned a lot from her about the plants and animals in the Prince Albert area.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

This walk was fascinating and it made me really see the Karoo and all its beauty through different eyes. Sue's love for all things natural is inspiring and I learned so much from her. I will definitely go again when next in Prince Albert as there is just so much more to see and learn. I highly recommend this walk for any nature lovers.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank karenanneharding
Reviewed 3 April 2015

Dr Dean knows her subject and takes you on an interesting walk. It was informative, but I would say, imho, somewhat dry, humorless, too academic. `if you are staying in Prince Albert for more than 2 days, thid tour should be on your list "to do"

Date of experience: March 2015
1  Thank roger_eva_d
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We were a large group from the Plettenberg Bay Bird Club and were taken out on an inspiring informative wander through the reserve with Dr Sue Milton Dean sharing her vast kknowledge of Karoo plants & animals small & large. This is a outing not to be missed by nature lovers a definate value for money. As my husband & I were travelling to Tankwa the following day this added a new perspective and enriched our stay.

Date of experience: September 2013