Review Highlights
Taking home some Karoo succulents

We live on a farm in the free state,and use ground water sparingly. On a visit to Prince Albert we... read more

Reviewed 7 July 2019
Christa G
Villiers, South Africa
Highly recommended!

Our group spent a couple of early morning hours with Sue Dean walking around this nature reserve... read more

Reviewed 4 November 2018
Michelle_RQ
Johannesburg, South Africa

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

This walk was fascinating and it made me really see the Karoo and all its beauty through different eyes. Sue's love for all things natural is inspiring and I learned so much from her. I will definitely go again when next in Prince Albert as there is just so much more to see and learn. I highly recommend this walk for any nature lovers.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank karenanneharding
Reviewed 3 April 2015

Dr Dean knows her subject and takes you on an interesting walk. It was informative, but I would say, imho, somewhat dry, humorless, too academic. `if you are staying in Prince Albert for more than 2 days, thid tour should be on your list "to do"

Date of experience: March 2015
1  Thank roger_eva_d
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We were a large group from the Plettenberg Bay Bird Club and were taken out on an inspiring informative wander through the reserve with Dr Sue Milton Dean sharing her vast kknowledge of Karoo plants & animals small & large. This is a outing not to be missed by nature lovers a definate value for money. As my husband & I were travelling to Tankwa the following day this added a new perspective and enriched our stay.

Date of experience: September 2013
2  Thank Beryl H
Reviewed 1 July 2013

If you are looking to really understand both Prince Albert and the Karoo itself, this walk is not to be missed. Get some relaxed exercise in some of the best air you will ever breathe, accompanied by an extremely knowledgeable guide.

Date of experience: June 2013
2  Thank RobynM480
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Wonderful to go walking with Sue Dean on the reserve, which encompasses many typical Karoo plants and some endemic to Prince Albert, as well as an old settlement site replete with original artefacts. A fine informative walk to recommend to one's guests, preferably on a sunny winter's day with fabulous views of the town and Swartberg foothills. Important too for educational purposes - the Karoo was never just an empty space!

Date of experience: June 2013