“A pleasant lunch”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2021

My wife and I had a light lunch under the trees. We received good service and I am, sorry that this review does not allow us to find a ' good rating' rather than jumping from average to very good. The food was good and we would visit the Lazy Lizard again. TonyC

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (567)

Reviewed 27 February 2021

We have eaten on many occasions on the way to the coast and always rave about the apple pie and the fact that the chef is a master of pastry. I raved about the quiche on a previous review some time ago. Guess what. Now no pastry case for the quiche, just the filling, albeit very good. Just a warning for any pastry lovers that visit. We will probably stop again, as it is really the only place in Prince Albert, but won't be having the quiche next time. Don't know why it has happened but a mistake in my opinion. I hope this is seen as constructive criticism to an otherwise excellent spot.

2  Thank david o
Reviewed 24 February 2021

The shop was lovely, the staff were friendly but, to be honest, the breakfast was a let down. Considering the other reviews on this site, I am left wondering if there was a key staff member missing or something. I ordered smoked salmon with poached eggs and my husband ordered smoked haddock with poached eggs. Both were completely lacklustre and arrived after a considerable wait, with a meagre portion of toast. I must say that my portion of salmon was generous but the poached eggs looked like they'd been done in a microwave and there was nothing to pull together the different components. Not even a wedge of lemon for the salmon. My husband's hake had been freshly microwaved straight from the box. With another visit to Prince Albert coming up, I'd give it another chance but beware the breakfasts.

Reviewed 5 February 2021 via mobile

Happened upon this Gem on our travels. The lunch was amazing . The lunch we chose was tasty, breads fresh , ingredients fresh too. The homemade ginger beer was tasty.
Highly recommend this place

Reviewed 6 January 2021 via mobile

A delightful space with an excellent selection of breads and cakes.
Very good service by our writer as well and a welcoming atmosphere

Date of visit: January 2021