“Not a great breakfast spot”
Review of The Lazy Lizard

The Lazy Lizard
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 February 2021

The shop was lovely, the staff were friendly but, to be honest, the breakfast was a let down. Considering the other reviews on this site, I am left wondering if there was a key staff member missing or something. I ordered smoked salmon with poached eggs and my husband ordered smoked haddock with poached eggs. Both were completely lacklustre and arrived after a considerable wait, with a meagre portion of toast. I must say that my portion of salmon was generous but the poached eggs looked like they'd been done in a microwave and there was nothing to pull together the different components. Not even a wedge of lemon for the salmon. My husband's hake had been freshly microwaved straight from the box. With another visit to Prince Albert coming up, I'd give it another chance but beware the breakfasts.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (567)

Reviewed 5 February 2021 via mobile

Happened upon this Gem on our travels. The lunch was amazing . The lunch we chose was tasty, breads fresh , ingredients fresh too. The homemade ginger beer was tasty.
Highly recommend this place

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 6 January 2021 via mobile

A delightful space with an excellent selection of breads and cakes.
Very good service by our writer as well and a welcoming atmosphere

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 17 December 2020 via mobile

We sat in the lovely garden and probably had the best breakfast ever. Huge helpings and beautifully served and presented. We shopped in the amazing deli and would highly recommend all the Lazy Lizard has to offer

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 5 November 2020

Both the food and service was average. I ordered lamb chops and received a good portion of average tasting food. The meat was covered in gravy and there was a garden's worth of vegetables on the plate. The roast potatoes were excellent though.

Date of visit: October 2020