All reviews mr darcy irish wolfhound friendly and helpful hosts indigenous garden perfect hosts comfortable chairs safe parking an overnight stay breakfast was excellent free wifi clean rooms great hospitality the main street air conditioner restaurants and shops little gem pleasant stay
Reviewed 21 September 2017

I spent 5 nights at Traveller's Rest and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Jude & Brian are fantastic hosts, they are friendly and helpful. I was attending a training course, Jude had a plentiful cooked breakfast ready for me bright & early. The room is very comfortable and spacious, the environment is lovely. It was great to be able to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the early mornings. I could easily have stayed on and will definitely stay here again next time I am in Prince Albert. Five stars all the way and incredibly good vale for money!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2017

This is a charming set of four cottages set in an exquisite Karoo garden filled with small birds. Our cottage had a stoep (veranda) with two chairs. In addition, there is an upstairs small patio offering a beautiful view over Prince Albert. Our hosts, Jude and Bryan were very helpful and friendly. Jude recommended the Swartberg Hotel for dinner and what a great recommendation! Beautiful atmosphere, impeccable service, yummy Karroo lamb shank and an impressive wine list, made for a memorable evening. The breakfast, which is extra, is well worth it (good coffee) and set us up until way past lunchtime. Jude recommended a visit to Soetkaroo, a small winery in the town making Muscadel and Cape ‘ports’. On the way out, we visited Fernskloof, an organic wine farm and the Kredouw Olive Farm, home of award winning olive oil and very tasty olives.

Room Tip: Add on the breakfast - yummy
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2017

I have nothing but good memories of our stay with them. Bryan and Jude joined us for sun-downers on the deck between the rooms and we had such a wonderful time we almost cancelled our dinner booking. The rooms are beautiful, modern and simple and the atmosphere is very calming. If I ever visit Prince Albert again, I won't think twice about staying there.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2017

This couple ensures that their guests have everything they need. They are friendly and warm, and very approachable. The rooms are neat and tidy. Careful attention has been paid to extras like facecloths, different selections of towels, mosquito repellent , shampoo and body wash. They provide delicious homemade rusks, tea, coffee, milk and sugar daily. Plus bottled water. I highly recommend Travelers Rest.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Only stayed for one night due to a business trip but could easily have stayed longer. Room was clean and warm with everything that you needed. Jude was a warm and friendly host who also assisted with a dinner reservation. Don't hesitate to book here and visit the lovely and peaceful town of Prince Albert.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business