“Best deep sea fishing in South Africa”

Xtreme Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Xtreme Fishing Charters is all about giving you an xtreme experience whether that be fighting some of the biggest fish around or having xtreme relaxation and having a once and life time experience. We are an owner operator charter business located in Hout Bay harbour in Cape Town, South Africa. Our waters off Cape Town are rich in marine life and offer some of the finest Yellowfin tuna (Thunnus
Cape Town
“Best deep sea fishing in South Africa”
Reviewed 16 February 2016

Im not usually one for writing reviews but in this case I felt I had to share my experience as it was undoubtedly the best charter fishing trip I have ever been lucky enough to take.

The fact that we hauled in more tuna than I have ever caught in one trip in my life obviously made this trip a highlight for me, but it was oddly enough the captain and his first mate who really added the extra bit of flavour and made this my best trip ever.

I arrived at the harbour as the sun was coming up and the boat was prepped and ready to go. Top end gear and tackle, prepared bait boxes and plenty of drinks, snacks, sunscreen and even sea sickness tablets were tucked away in the cabin and before long we were sailing along the cliffs and heading out into the deep blue sea.

The captain was a veritable wealth of knowledge about the local area and kept us entertained with stories on the way out. Before too long we spotted the tell tale signs on the fish finder and our captain and his first mate went about helping everyone prep their rods, double checking to make sure everyone knew what they were doing even though we had all said we were excellent fishermen - I guess they have heard enough tall stories to know that not every person who steps onto the boat is as proficient as they make themselves out to be.

Anyway, fishing madness ensued and we were reeling in tuna after tuna until my arms could barely take anymore. Hours of fishing like this definitely takes its toll, but I couldn't have been happier to get so lucky. Our first mate kept the boat spotlessly clean through all this and we were fed a constant stream of drinks and snacks to keep our strength up. I wont even bother to tell you how many fish we caught because I am sure I would get called out for embellishing if I did, but we caught a ton, and it was awesome!

The thing is, even if I had caught only one fish, I think I would have had an amazing day as the whole set-up was just perfect. Many thanks to all the guys at Xtreme Fishing Charters. You can be assured I will be back! Excellent job. Thank you.

Visited February 2016