“Best meal in South Africa!”

Quentin at Oakhurst Barn
Ranked #3 of 70 Restaurants in Hout Bay
Cuisines: African, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Capital Cape colonial country cooking at its finest!
Reviewed 7 January 2018

We were in South Africa for 2 weeks and this was definitely the best meal we had - food was great, staff were exceptional and the dining room is lovely as well. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Lovely dining room and ambitious menu but delivery is a bit hit and miss and the food sounds better than it tastes.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

What a place! Decor is hard to beat, ambience was great and food was top notch!
Bagpipes entrance, champagne to follow and a 5 course meal in superb surroundings.
Followed by a 6 piece band to see in new year with my beautiful family.
Thank you for a great night.

1  Thank Matt E
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Everything about Quentins exudes class, from the restaurant interior/furnishings, to the menu/quality of the food to the service. I even ate the bread which was offered at the start as it was just too good to turn down (and was delicious for mopping up my mussel mariniere sauce). I never eat the bread! My lamb rack was sublime - my knife sliced through it like butter. My partner was equally pleased with his fish. Quentin popped over to our table after our meal, which was a nice personal touch. I’ll definitely be returning when I’m back in this neck of the woods.

1  Thank Clare B
Reviewed 28 December 2017

We visited Quentin's for the third time. This time for their Sunday buffet lunch which gave us both excellent well cooked food and great value. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Quentin is a great host and helped us personally with our booking which we made from the UK. We wouldhighly recommend this retaurant

1  Thank David B B