“Cheyne goes above and beyond”
Review of Cheyne's

Cheyne's
Ranked #3 of 65 Restaurants in Hout Bay
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Incredible Contemporary Asian Cuisine, Cocktails and an impressive selection of wines.
Reviewed 25 March 2015

Cheyne and his exceptionally professional waiting staff catered my husbands 50th birthday party. Load shedding was hardly noticed by the guests as Cheyne skilfully, calmly and smoothly served up a 7 course taste explosion. One guest jokingly suggested lighting the fire and throwing on a lamb chop because he was worried Cheyne's delicate and exceptional taste experience would not be sufficient for his ravenous appetite but never made it to the final course. We are so grateful to live in the town that has South Africa's best chef.

1  Thank baxter681

Reviewed 25 March 2015

The asian fusion style food at Cheyne's is incredible. The service is also very good and you can take your own wine! Big thumbs up!

Reviewed 25 March 2015

After months of hearing only excellent reviews of this restaurant we eventually got around to going. It did not start well with a glass of warm flat cap classique (at R60 per glass!) , but we let it pass as we were there for the food. We shared 5 plates between the 2 of us , and got a really mixed bag. Chill salt squid (signature dish) 5/10 - tender squid , but all the taste came from the chilli salt. Norwegan salmon 8/10 - tender and full of flavour. Korean pork belly 5/10 - basically 6 rashers of bacon. Beef slider 9/10- plump, juicy and full of flavour. Mumbai chilli beef 2/10 - bland and dry. Service was great , and ambience so-so , but this restaurant is really about the food , which left us feeling disappointed and our wallets feeling very light.

1  Thank RobCCapeTown
Reviewed 22 March 2015

Old friends all together after along time. Delicious sharing food. Real taste bud ticklers.
Great range of tapas style food. When the doors were closed unfortunately became very noisy and where we sat the smell of the fryer a bit overwhelming.
A few interior changes and I will be back frequently

1  Thank Peter R
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 March 2015 via mobile

As Hout Bay locals we have been to Cheyne's several times, we have seen it grow from a tiny room with a few tables (I think 5 or 6) to 60 covers a night being fully booked weeks ahead. Cheyne's is the most consistent restaurant I know. I never ever had a bad meal there ever. I love tapas style food, its very social as you can share the dishes and eat a big variety of flavours rather than one meal. The menu has a great selection for everyone's taste and new dishes are constantly added. I love the categories 'Sea', 'Land' and 'Earth' not one dish has ever disappointed. The service is always professional and friendly, how Cheyne gets all these dishes out of that small kitchen I do not know. Everything is prepared with fresh ingredients on the night. I look forward to many more amazing meals.