“Beautiful accomodation, larger than look on photos”
other travellers have booked this property
Lounge Kitchen
Main bedroom
Second bedroom
Lounge
Open plan Kitchen
Bathroom with shower and bath
Undercover parking
Patio
Pool area
Pool and BBQ area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
keastclan
Cheltenham
“Beautiful accomodation, larger than look on photos”
Reviewed 4 March 2012 for a stay in February 2012

We stayed for 9 days here in February, from the start it couldn't have been better. The cottage is very large and airy, decorated in whites and pale colours and gives more of an impression of a beach house. The rooms are bigger than they look on the photos here and there is plenty of wardrobe space in both rooms.
The kitchen is well equipped and the welcome pack was a lovely touch.
Jessie, was a lovely lady, but very discrete, we hardly saw anything of her. The private dipping pool area was lovely and very clean.
I really can't praise this place enough, it was just so peaceful and relaxed.
Only one downside was the drive, very steep and we found the best way to get up or down it in our underpowered hire car was for all the passengers to get out of it.
I would recommend this to anyone who would like to use this as a base to explore Cape Town, Constantia vineyards and Chapmans peak area

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: With Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Cape Town
Reviewed 15 December 2011 for a stay in December 2011

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Knysna
Reviewed 17 November 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
East London / FRANCE
Reviewed 17 November 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Management Response
17 Nov 2011
Hi Suzanne
I am sorry that you had a negative experience.
As it turned out the burglary that you refer to was an inside job where we were using a new garden service. One of their workers disabled our gate lock and cut wiring to one of our outside sensors.
This enabled easy entry to the property.
We are insured against this and refunded the guest for the few items that were taken.
While there are ongoing issues at Izizamo Yethu, it is primarily not a squatter camp - it is a fully fledged suburb for many of the residents of Hout Bay.
We are close as the crow flies, however there is an entire suburb between us - Hughenden - and we are situated in a small cul-de-sac which is extremely quiet with very little criminal activity.
The crime rate in Hout Bay is no different to other affluent Cape Town suburbs. We take precautions to ensure the safety of our guests at all times.
We would like to offer you a free weekend in either the Cottage or Villa as would love to provide you with another opportunity to enjoy Plumtree.
Thanks
Jon Lown

SUZANNE RESPONDED

Hi Jon,

Sorry if my review was not as enthusiastic as I would have liked it to be.

We really were impressed with the comfort of the cottage and the great service provided by Jessie.
Thank you for your information about the burglary.
It is a pity that this event happened at the end of our stay and left us with a mixed impression.

We are French speaking and my command of English does not allow me to express my feelings as accurately as I would like but all in all our stay at the cottage was really great and we love Hout Bay.
It was , for me, the opportunity to spend some time with my daughter who lives in the USA. She came to Cape Town for her work and afterwards, she took one week holiday. She was staying with her husbands 'family who lives not far from your cottage and it was very convenient for both of us.

Thank you for your generous offer to spend a week-end on your property. I would go there again with great pleasure.
Best regards
Suzanne JASON
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing