“Good seafood on the beach”

The Wharfside Grill
Ranked #15 of 75 Restaurants in Hout Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mariner's Wharf is the first harbourfront emporium in Africa and consists of the upstairs 360 seater Wharfside Grill restaurant, the downstairs fast- food Seafood Bistro, nautical gift shops, Bakery and Fishmarket.
Reviewed 13 April 2018

They were able to fit in a party of 12 without a booking and the service was great. Think pretty much in some form or other everybody in the group had seafood - and all reviews were positive.

Lovely place.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

We had a super fun evening here last night.
Amazing sunset against the mountains and then lovely evening waves as the city lights up. Diverse menu with really fun and funny tone to liven up your ordering. Friendly staff.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We were meaning to eat the takeaway downstairs but were shocked by the ques . We ended up on this quaint little establishment . The manager was great and over accommodating with the little ones . Food was brilliant . Beer cold and delicious . And we managed to take home 6 glasses. An overall brilliant well spent afternoon . Recommended .recomnended .

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped off at magnificent Hout Bay after a day trip to Cape Point. Wife remembered the place from a previous visit (the red roof). Great decor and friendly staff. We all started with a shared Greek salad in a huge clam shell. Super fresh and tasty. We all had the mixed plates of kingklip and calamari and I also had a side serve of mussels. All very tasty and fresh but everything was drowned in garlic or lemon butter. A bit too much! However great setting and fun time. Perhaps we will just have the simple fish and chips downstairs next time.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

After a long day touring the marvels of the Cape peninsula, we stumbled into this bar/restaurant for our tea. The wind was blowing hard across Hout Bay but the sinking sun lit up the mountains like a furnace and frankly we were hooked. Such amazing views as the sun sets are rare. Travelogue over, on to the restaurant: the interior is curious, decked out as a pirate theme park but it feels very welcoming and cosy and indeed the welcome we received was - as usual for South Africa - first class. The staff were so friendly and welcoming. We enjoyed the usual excellent local wines (they don't make plonk in South Africa, it seems) and I had a fine local beer. The food was primarily seafood and fish and my co-diners had fish and chips - why wouldn't you?!. All professed their meals excellent. I had chicken rosti which was similarly just what the food doctor ordered. The chicken was cooked to perfection and there was loads of it. The rosti element of it was a bit limited which was a minor disappointment and I regretted not getting a side order of chips but my waistline told me I had made the right choice. My daughter enjoyed the children's menu chicken and chips and all was right with the world. If you want a great meal in a superb location with amazing views and such friendly staff, try this place.