2 people are viewing this hotel
Reviews (1 520)
1 520 results
1 480
1 480
All reviews mobile phone attention to detail oortuiging cottage fruit platter sun cream thought of everything wood burning the main house his team complimentary mini bar the main street homemade granola guest house private pool south africa our honeymoon cape town
Selected filters
6 - 11 of 1 520 reviews
Reviewed 8 September 2021

We had the pleasure of staying at this charming boutique hotel recently during a tour of the wine country. From the moment we walked in the door, Declan and his team gave us great personalized service... And the accommodations were fantastic - the attention to detail in each of the unique rooms really makes this place a stand out. You don't feel like you are staying at a hotel at all... First class experrience all the way. We are already planning our next stay there!! Highly recommend!

Date of stay: August 2021
Declan Mackle, General Manager at Akademie Street Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2021

Hi Sallyr252, thank you so much for your lovely review - it is greatly appreciated! It was such fun having you & your friends stay with us & we certainly look forward to having you all back again - hopefully soon! Take care! Kind Regards, Declan & The Akademie Team.

Reviewed 3 September 2021

I loved every moment of my stay at Akademie. I have wanted to go for a while and when I finally did, they exceeded my expectations. My suite was so comfortable that I feel asleep the moment I arrived, it's also appointed with loads of little touches that are so useful to travelers and I couldn't think of anything else I would need. The staff are so friendly and extremely helpful with special mention to Declan, Fanie and Morne. Looking forward to staying again.

Room tip: Gelatenheid A was a brilliant room, highly recommend
Date of stay: August 2021
Declan Mackle, General Manager at Akademie Street Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2021

Hi SteverC6114HY, Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us - your kind words are greatly appreciated! We are delighted that you enjoyed your brief time with us and very much hope to see you back again very soon. Take care. Kind Regards, Declan & The Akademie Team.

Reviewed 19 August 2021

My fiance and I decided on a trip to South Africa and went through a travel agency which set us up here for two nights. Upon arriving, we were absolutely blown away by the accommodations, the friendly staff, and the absolutely amazing decor in each and every corner of Akademie Boutique Hotel. We were in awe over the attention to detail of the staff and the rooms. Everything you need to navigate the area is provided, including a cell phone, guidebook, and some excellent recommendations by the staff! We left for a horseback riding tour, and came back to some wine and dinner reservations already made for us.

The staff provided everything we needed during our stay, but I cannot say enough about the hotel itself. The antique decor and ornamental plants instantly brought our spirits to life and every room is better than the last. Having breakfast, or sitting for a drink at the end of the day was quite blissful and relaxing.

If you are considering staying here, I can't recommend it enough.

Room tip: Any room will absolutely delight you.
Date of stay: August 2021
Declan Mackle, General Manager at Akademie Street Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2021

Hi Tyson R, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind & generous review! We are delighted that you & your fiancé enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for choosing Akademie Street in the first instance! Hopefully, we will see you both back again some day soon - you will be warmly welcomed back! Look after each other & Good luck in your future together! Kind Regards, Declan & The Akademie Team.

Reviewed 16 August 2021

We had an amazing stay at Akademie. Every detail is considered and it is clear that a lot of thought and planning went into the design of the hotel and the services that guests would require. Each room is unique and beautifully decorated. The seasonal fruit at breakfast and cognac by the fire in the Orangery after dinner were highlights. Declan and the rest of the team were very welcoming and friendly. Highly recommended, we will definitely be back.

Date of stay: August 2021
Declan Mackle, General Manager at Akademie Street Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2021

Hi luzanneb2021, thank you so much for your very kind words and for visiting us on Akademie Street. It was our great pleasure playing host to you both and we really look forward to your return. Look after each other! Declan & The Akademie Team.

Reviewed 8 August 2021 via mobile

My friend and I had a splendid time at this magnificent property.Situated in a quiet street,as soon as you walk in you are greeted by the chicest interior.The furnishings are incredible!

Our room was exquisite,from temperature to bed linen,the Bluetooth gramophone,electric blanket,mini stove,under floor heater,bath tub and shower were were amazing.Every detail is considered.

The outside area has absolutely amazing amenities and views.We enjoyed the complementary mini bar,and a complimentary night cap which included a selection of wines,Irish whiskey and brandy served in one of the common areas.

Declan’s hospitality and welcoming spirit was a cherry on top!!!!

The Staff is friendly,very helpful and informative.

Our breakfast was scrumptious and well presented.

I have no doubt that I will be heading back to Akademie very soon.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Declan Mackle, General Manager at Akademie Street Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2021

Hi MsMgaga, Thank you so much for taking the time to pen such a kind & generous review. We are delighted that you & your friend enjoyed your time with us - we really enjoyed having you both with us! Hopefully we'll see you both back very soon! Take care! Kind Regards, Declan & The Akademie Team.