“My kind of coffee shop!”

Terbodore Coffee Franschhoek
Ranked #1 of 2 Nightlife in Franschhoek
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Not much has changed since we've roasted our very first batch of coffee in 2004 on the Terbodore farm in the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands. Sure, the batches got bigger as word of our coffee spread and our commitment to the craft grew. But despite our pursuit for the perfect cup, our Great Dane, now grey around the muzzle, still has a keener interest in the whereabouts of farm cats rather than the rich, defined flavours of the perfect brew. Still his presence has become symbolic of everything that we strive for the moment we fire up the roaster - heritage, courage, patience and dependability. From the first day we started roasting, we took great care to procure only the finest green coffee beans. Combining skill and patience, we sift and roast our beans, consistently producing coffee we gladly put our name to. We pride ourselves on being one of the most honest coffee brands around, not compromising on the taste and never forgetting who we are. Then there is our companion's courage, something we needed in no short supply to open our second roastery in the Cape Winelands. Thanks to this leap of faith, we can now make our coffee available to connoisseurs around the country - still produced with the same love and meticulous care as we did in 2004. We hope that you enjoy our product and craft as much as we do. Because as artisanal coffee roasters we feel that life is long enough for a slowly percolated cup, even in dog years.
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Lovely staff, good service, delicious food and great coffee! Also bike friendly. Visited several times during our stay.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

We first found Terbodore Coffee a few years ago in Franschoek and have looked forward to stopping by every year! Great atmosphere and the best coffee! Smelling the beans roasting is one of the first memories I have when I think of this place and this coffee. Lovely owners and staff. Trying to find where I can buy it here in the USA? Any advise? I always load up when I am there but it doesn’t last long.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

This was our second visit to Terbodore Coffee in Franschoek. Our first was last year when they were still using a small little shop with a few seats placed outside and using a huge container as the roastery.
To our surprise on this visit the whole place got a make-over. It was amazing to see the transformation. Even though their look changed the coffee was still as good as the year before. This coffee roastery now boast a shop with plenty of seating inside and out with a small play area for the kids to the one side. Also, they now have a full kitchen which serve mouthwatering dishes. But we did not go forthe food we went there for their coffee. I tried their Affogato. I ended up drinking two. It was just that good. The quality of their beans and the way its roasted really brings out the richness of their brilliant coffee. The perfect way to spend a rainy, misty day in Franschoek drinking superb coffee.

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

Really excellent lunch and superb coffee at Terbodore Coffee Roasters' restaurant. Shall definitely return for brunch, lunch or breakfast soon. Also lovely shop selling all kinds of coffees and nice gifts.

Michael M, Owner at Terbodore Coffee Franschhoek, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Thank you. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

I had some work to do, which I did while surrounded by the smell of fresh brew and leafy trees! It was chilly outside and Terbodore was a cosy hideaway. The coffee was also seriously delicious, as always and I had one of their pastries as well. Would definelty recommend for anyone in the area.

Thank you for your review Christine.