Open today: 09:00 - 18:00

from US$145,39
from US$94,82
from US$134,02
More Info
All reviews wine tasting lovely wine cheese chocolate coupe
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 July 2021

We stopped off at Franschhoek Cellar for a light meal and were very impressed with everything. Unfortunately it was Level 4 lockdown so no alcohol could be served. We received a friendly welcome and were shown to the open, sunny area. We felt safe as all COVID protocols were strictly followed and tables were well spaced. Our light meals proved to be very generous and delicious. If parents have young kids there is a very nice play area for the little ones too.

Date of experience: July 2021
Reviewed 3 May 2021 via mobile

We visited The Cellar as part of our wine tram tour. We had heard great things about the food so avoided eating at other wineries to make the most of the food here. I ordered the seafood pasta and I can only describe it as seafood mush. The tagliatelle was so overcooked you couldn’t even see the difference between the pasta and the sauce. I honestly think I could have cooked it better myself. My fiancé had the buttermilk burger that he was really looking forward to and said it was average. Such a shame!

Date of experience: May 2021
Reviewed 6 March 2021 via mobile

We went here for a chocolate and wine tasting,quite good.
Very busy,not sure if they can coupe with the amount to people

Date of experience: March 2021
Reviewed 27 September 2020

We had a lovely wine tasting at Franschhoek cellar! It was our first stop on our wine tasting weekend and definitely a very memorable one. We had the cheese and wine pairing, which was excellently presented by our lovely server Chelsea, she was very friendly and delivered amazing service. She made our experience! The wines were lovely, my personal favorite was the chardonnay.

Date of experience: September 2020
Reviewed 23 March 2020

The highlight of our half day trip. The tram ride is a must do if you are in the area, but Franschhoek really made it for us. Delicious wines and so well explained and presented by Mazion, so good we stayed longer than we intended. Thank you so much for one of the being one of the Highlights of our South African Trip.

Date of experience: March 2020