Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews fire pit house manager his team jungle gym spectacular venue absolute paradise pure luxury cape winelands general manager amazing property attention to detail bird life incredible views every morning blown away wine tasting south africa
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 July 2021

Enjoyed a 1 week stay with friends and family at this fabulous location near Franschoek, situated in a large and lovely wine farm.

It was a perfect location to take in the broader wine country in Franschoek, and Stellenbosch, and also about 50 minutes for the occasional drive to Capetown.

Corne was an excellent and attentive host who was available, easy to reach and attentive to all our needs.

I would highly recommend this location for large groups and/or family stays.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Corné Yzel, General Manager at The Residence @ Vrede & Lust, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2021

Hi Genevieve, what a pleasure it was to meet and host you and your friends & family! I am so happy that you got to enjoy the three birthdays and was able to celebrate with your loved ones. Thank you SO much for the beautiful review. It warms my heart to know that you've enjoyed it and I am very much looking forward to seeing all of you again soon!

Reviewed 2 July 2021

My family and I had the privilege of staying at The Residence @ Vrede & Lust for a few nights when we were waiting for our property transfer to go through before we could move into our new home. Although it was not a holiday as such, it absolutely felt like one. The Residence is beautifully designed and with the large open spaces for the entertainment areas, the coziness is not lost at all. Even though Corné, who is the General Manager of The Residence, says that it is a summer house, we were very comfortable and felt like we were in a resort somewhere with the best amenities. Corné and his team looked after us extremely well and the attention to detail in every respect was duly noted. I can definitely recommend The Residence for any family or friends come rain or shine, it's a magnificent home away from home!!

Date of stay: June 2021

Hi Brett, I am so happy that we were able to help out in the time where you were homeless.. Sorry, I couldn't resist. I know that it is not your only house, but were here for the move.. Anyhow, what a great review and even though you are extremely busy with work and then with the moving in also, I highly appreciate you taking the time to write this great review for us. I will see Eden on the golf course soon and will see you then! Enjoy your new house!!!

Reviewed 2 July 2021

We stayed at the Residence for a friend’s birthday and it was just what the doctor ordered! Cornelius the manager of the estate went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable.

Living conditions were pristine and luxurious yet the fireplace that characterizes most of the farmhouses in the winelands made the uber luxury feel of the property warm and accessible.

The staff were friendly and efficient and catered to all our needs.... The grounds are perfect for long romantic walks and the sunrise view of the nearby mountains is worth waking up early for.

Can’t wait to go back in the summer

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi Ify, what a lovely review! Thank yo so much for taking the time. We value all feedback from our guests and obviously when it's excellent like this, we are very happy. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and I am very much looking forward to your return in the summer!!

Reviewed 1 July 2021

We booked the residence to celebrate within our fully vaccinated Covid pod a friends birthday for a week. The house is beautiful, well appointed and comfortable. The views are pristine and the service from the team was excellent. We were well taken care by everyone and enjoyed a memorable and fun week in complete luxury. From the multi-course breakfasts to the constant supply of lovely Pinot noir and champagne from the estate we managed to escape the realities of the outside world and enjoy a wonderful time. Will definitely return in the summer. A huge heartfelt thank you to Corne and his entire team.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Corné Yzel, General Manager at The Residence @ Vrede & Lust, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2021

Hi Gravette, I know that you are a busy woman and I highly appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write this beautiful review for us. It was a great pleasure to have met and host all of you and you absolutely have to be back in the summer!! The Cape Winelands is breathtaking in the summer. hopefully by then all the Covid restrictions will also be lifted and that the tourism can be back to some kind of normal. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and although it was in winter and you were stuck inside. I look forward to welcoming you again soon!!

Reviewed 10 June 2021 via mobile

Spacious and luxurious accommodation with world class views on all sides. It’s very quiet and peaceful yet close to Franschhoek and Stellenbosch. The house is well equipped for self catering as well as catered. The many fireplaces and the external fire pit make the house cosy. Corne and team are hospitable and make a huge effort. And the breakfasts are world class.

Room tip: Make time to spend at the house as it’s very relaxing
Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank CraigPolks
Corné Yzel, General Manager at The Residence @ Vrede & Lust, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2021

Hi Craig, it was wonderful to host you and your friends for your winelands experience. Thank you very much for taking the time to write this great review for us. I really hope that you will stay at The Residence @ Vrede & Lust again for your next wine tour. See you soon!!