Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews fire pit house manager his team jungle gym spectacular venue absolute paradise pure luxury cape winelands general manager amazing property attention to detail bird life incredible views every morning blown away wine tasting south africa
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 June 2021 via mobile

Spacious and luxurious accommodation with world class views on all sides. It’s very quiet and peaceful yet close to Franschhoek and Stellenbosch. The house is well equipped for self catering as well as catered. The many fireplaces and the external fire pit make the house cosy. Corne and team are hospitable and make a huge effort. And the breakfasts are world class.

Room tip: Make time to spend at the house as it’s very relaxing
Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank CraigPolks
Corné Yzel, General Manager at The Residence @ Vrede & Lust, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2021

Hi Craig, it was wonderful to host you and your friends for your winelands experience. Thank you very much for taking the time to write this great review for us. I really hope that you will stay at The Residence @ Vrede & Lust again for your next wine tour. See you soon!!

Reviewed 10 June 2021

The perfect destination for a group of good friends to connect. Wonderful comfortable accommodation in a fabulous location. Well equipped. We loved evenings around the fire-pit, dinners next to a roaring fire and beautiful walks in the vinyards and mountains on our doorstep. Thanks to Corné and team for your 5 star hosting.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi Nicky, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. And even more happy with the fantastic weather that you had for your entire stay!! Thank you SO much for taking the time to write this great review for us. I hope that I get to see you all again very soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2021 via mobile

This was absolutely next level amazing. Corne is superb at multi tasking...from organising our bookings, setting up breakfast and just the co-ordination of the staff and hospitality. The pictures on the internet do no justice to the haven we were living in. This is the absolute dream destination.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Corné Yzel, General Manager at The Residence @ Vrede & Lust, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2021

Hi Qzhay, it's been a while since we've had a review. It has been such a pleasure to have hosted you and the PSG group. I really enjoyed how you utilized the TV leisure room as a board room and I think it worked perfectly...
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your very busy schedule to write this great review for us. I am very happy that you enjoyed it and it was a great pleasure to help liaise and organize your schedule.
Like we said, hopefully this is an annual event and later on a quarterly one..
Until next time!

Reviewed 6 October 2020

This is a great place to stay, and I can't recommend it highly enough. Spotlessly clean, in a very quiet and peaceful location with mountain views, vineyard and farming activities in the surrounds. Lovely walking and running paths if this is your thing. The interiors and exteriors are built with love and perfect taste showing off some features of our heritage in South Africa. The staff are friendly with the warmest of hospitality. The breakfast was impeccable. This may have been the first time we stayed here, it certainly won't be the last!

Date of stay: September 2020
Corné Yzel, General Manager at The Residence @ Vrede & Lust, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2020

Good morning Janette, it has been such a privilege to have hosted Reghardt's birthday here at The Residence and to have been part of the celebrations. We have known each other for a while and that made it so special to be able to host his special day with all of his friends and family. Thank you for writing this beautiful review for us and I am very happy to hear that you also have enjoyed your stay with us. It really was a pleasure to have met you and hopefully we'll see you again soon..

Reviewed 6 October 2020 via mobile

My Husband and I were invited to a very dear and special Friends bday - we accepted of course without a clue of what we were in for. We knew it was on a farm somewhere and low key vibe with acoustics was on the menu!
But we were blown away!!!! We did not expect so much beauty Perfection and excellence all behind one closed door. I will highly and Definitely recommend this to anyone that is celebrating a big and special occasion. Or maybe even a couple of friends looking for the getaway they deserve to be treated like lords in excellence and comfort and supreme quality!
Thank You to Corne for treating us like lords - it was brief and quick getaway - but a weekend I will remember for a lifetime!!! Thank YOU

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Good morning Hayley, we strive to make every stay as memorable as possible, regardless the occasion. I am very happy to hear that we've exceeded expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us. You're definitely right - The Residence is perfect for any celebration or even if you want to just get away from everything with your friends and/or family. Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedback for us, we highly appreciate it. I hope to see you again soon in the near future!