Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews fire pit house manager his team jungle gym spectacular venue absolute paradise pure luxury cape winelands general manager amazing property attention to detail bird life incredible views every morning blown away wine tasting south africa
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 October 2020 via mobile

Had the most amazing two night stay at this stunning residence. Everything you could want for a weekend away celebrating the birthday of a dear friend. From the quality of the decor to the service which was second to one. From start to finish I felt I was in at least a 10 star place. The team there know exactly what to do to make you feel welcome and as though nothing is too much.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Corné Yzel, General Manager at The Residence @ Vrede & Lust, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2020

Hi Carole, it was a great celebration and it was a huge pleasure for me to have hosted Reghardt's birthday. Thank you SO much for writing this review for us. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that you will consider us for any of your next events/celebrations. I hope to see you again in the near future!!

Reviewed 2 October 2020 via mobile

Not only a AAA property in the best valley but best staff to assist with everything. Unforgettable. Highly recommended if you like nature and want to experience it in comfort. The breakfast and wine selection at the Residence is great. Thank you Corne (house manager). He is superbly professional

Trip type: Travelled with family
Corné Yzel, General Manager at The Residence @ Vrede & Lust, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2020

Good evening Michael. Firstly, thank you SO very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write this great review for us. I know that you are a very busy man and it really means a lot to me. Secondly, it was really a great pleasure and honour to have met and host you and your family and friends. It is great to see you so close as a family and your with such devotion to your beliefs. Truly inspiring!! I really hope that I get to see you all very soon!! Blessings to you and your whole family!!!

Reviewed 16 September 2020

The most amazing service and hospitality for a full house of 12 guests
Coupled with Incredible views, great trail running routes, in house food and service that was real top notch and just an all round wonderful relaxing weekend - a definite must for those wanting a weekend away with close ones

Date of stay: September 2020
Corné Yzel, General Manager at The Residence @ Vrede & Lust, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2020

Hi Jade, thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write this great review for us. It was great to meet you and to see Zain again. Thank you for choosing to have your special occasion at The Residence @ Vrede & Lust. I am looking forward to seeing all of you again real soon!!

Reviewed 16 September 2020 via mobile

Worth every cent, our family weekend away was beyond magical. Perfect for our entire family. The two toddlers loved it as much as our parents. The breakfast was beyond insane. Every small detail was thought of. We will be back!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Amanda, thank you very much for writing the review for us. It was lovely to have met and host you and your family and thank you for choosing The Residence @ Vrede & Lust for your special occasion. I am very much looking forward to your next visit!!

Reviewed 9 September 2020

The Residence at Vrede en Lust is an absolute paradise retreat in Franschhoek. The Villa is solely yours for your stay with your family and friends. You know you have arrived as this magnificent house and you are made to feel right at home.
The photos online although they are magnificent, don’t truly comprehend the magic when you see it for your self - as it is a million times better than the photos. I can’t even begin to explain how beautiful the villa is.
Inside - every room has top finishes and fittings. It is extremely spacious!! The bedrooms and bathrooms are all very spacious.
Outside - is Nature’s paradise. We loved the dam and taking the canoe out the was provided. We loved all the different birds we got to spot every day by the dam. The lawns and jungle gym were a great hit with our two kids - aged 14 months and 22 months. The fire pit was a massive hit will the whole family. We loved walking around the property and visiting the resident goats. The property also has the most gorgeous mountain views all around.

We have to say a massive thank you to Cornè and his team with Bestie. You were all so fantastic!! The 5* breakfast we revived every morning was just incredible and we loved it.

We can’t wAit to come back x

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Corné Yzel, General Manager at The Residence @ Vrede & Lust, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2020

Hi Natalie, WOW, thank you SO much for this wonderful review. It was a great pleasure to have met and hosted you and your family! Congratulations to you and Phillip for winning the cook-off. You really are quite an extraordinary and very gifted family. I sincerely hope to see you again very soon!! I know that you also have a hectic schedule and it really means a lot to me that you took the time to write this for us. Until next time and then it has to summer and sunshine!!