“Best steak ever”

Cafe Des Arts
Ranked #18 of 104 Restaurants in Franschhoek
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Based in the small village of Franschhoek in the Western Cape. Franschhoek is renowned world wide for Haut Cuisine and Fine Dining. Cafe des Arts is neither Haute Cuisine nor Fine Dining! Cafe des Arts is a simple, rustic, relaxed restaurant where all that matters is the food. There are no table cloths, no silver service and the food is from the pan to the plate. If you're lucky, you may even get some cutlery! -
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Or so she said. I had the wildebeast which was also excellent. A great place & possibly the best waitress ever. Really friendly. Highly recomend.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Our favorite little spot is under the trees sipping tea and eating chips and having a good time. Well that's exactly what we did. The lovely staff came to personally great us and attended to us like royalty. I love Cafe des arts and I highly suggest anyone in town visits. You won't regret it and you'll leave happily delighted.
Thank everyone please.
Tayy and Mitch

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just off the main drag, so a quiet peaceful venue for a relaxed lunch. I had a beautiful bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, which suited the very warm lunchtime.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wonderful holiday to Franschhoek is now over and I'm back to the old hum drum just wishing I were again sitting in the lovely courtyard at Cafe Des Arts having a glass of Holden Manz Chenin Blanc. It was a perfect place to stop on a beautiful day for a light lunch. As you walk through the entrance down the path you'll find a delightful yard filled with amazing art & serene seating. I had the steak salad with strawberries and blue cheese....light, fresh, delish ! My friend had the fish cakes and finished with salted caramel cheesecake. Can't wait to re-visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A charming and lovely place on the Main Street! Delicious and local food are served. Highly recommended!