Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
desc791

Days in paradise

Review of !Xaus Lodge
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Mar 2024
We stayed at the lodge for 3 days. This is beautifully located. The service and friendliness is excellent. Great game drives. If you are looking for a little paradise, you definitely have to come to this place. We'll definitely be back!
Date of stay: February 2024
95.8 km from !Xaus Lodge
Schlafzimmer
Unit 2
View more hotels in Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
All reviews salt pan morning walk night game drive sand dunes sunset drive peaceful place small animals very special place knowledgeable guide self drive two nights animal sightings south africa water hole mata mata anthony bushman
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 February 2024

A remote lodge with a perfect service and a super friendly staff. Our alarmbell was a roaring lion that lay in the shadow of our hut. We where here 5 times before. In fact that tells a lot. We for sure do come back. Thanks

Date of stay: February 2024
Reviewed 17 January 2024

Great box on the dune 91
Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. A warm welcome and great food.
Guides are knowledgeable, passionate and very flexible and helpful. The morning walk was very interesting and varied
We will be back

Date of stay: January 2024
Reviewed 9 November 2023

We go to these private lodges for the bush experience - the accomodation and food are less important . We were quite disappointed at the length of time we spent in the bush . In addition I would far rather go on a game drive at 3:00pm (in line with other private lodges ) than 9:00pm at night and then only for an hour .

Date of stay: November 2023
Reviewed 8 October 2023

Amazing lodge in the Kalahari. Fantastic place to unplug from the world. No internet, TV or phone. Just pure silence of the desert. The views of the pan from the rooms is brilliant. Food was excellent considering the remote location. Room are not fancy but are comfortable and have everything you need. Game drives and nature walks were very interesting. While not the animal numbers of Kruger, high quality sightings. Cheetah, Caracal, Honey Badger and wildcat were big bonus items.

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2023 via mobile

We spent two nights in this expensive private lodge and had high expectations given by the photos of the site, unfortunately it didn't go that way. The location is certainly very suggestive and the chalets very beautiful, the cuisine very well cared for but there is a but. I state that we were the only guests which amazed me as at the booking it seemed fully booked so that we had to move the dates. The first night around 11 pm there were loud squeasing and noises of scratching nails, coming from the nests of bats in the roof inside the chalet, bats that then began to fly and emit verses throughout the night. They scare me a lot so I spent the whole night awake huddled under the blankets while my husband tried to get them out. In the morning I reported everything to Antony, the manager, who spread his arms saying that they don't bother him. I expect such an answer from a staff member at Twee Rivieren where I pay 1000 rand a night, but not in a 22,000 rand private lodge. Although nothing would have changed, he should have proposed to change chalets since they were all empty and only 4 other people would arrive. The next night, same thing, however, I slept in the bathroom sitting on a chair with my feet on the toilet. In the morning when Antony the manager asked me how it went and I told him he smiled .... I'm a stupid tourist ok course ...... Let's move on to activities. A 55 minute night drive, a 50 minute morning walk and a 1 hour and 30 minute sunset drive We have been going to South Africa for 23 years and we know the natural environment well and it is not the first time we have gone to a private lodge, but we have never had such a treatment. I wrote an email on my return to the company that manages the lodge, no answer Money really wasted

Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank I7317CAsilviag