“Date night out”

Ranked #6 of 78 Restaurants in Jeffreys Bay
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are situated on left hand side to Diaz Road cut se sac. The building is double story with the restaurant being on the first story. It has three parts to the restaurant. The fine dining inside section. This side will do you well when wanting to impress. The enclosed outside section is semi-fine dining, where you have a front and centre view of Jeffreys Bays breath taking ocean. Lastly we have the semi-undercover outside section. Where you can get that authentic ocean breeze air and soak up the sun or feel like you under the star while seeing the moon reflect over the water of the wild ocean.
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

We love the good old fashioned authentic feel of this place and return each time. It has all the old favorites on the menu and it is so well presented. Lovely to take a break. Have a glass and just catch up with my Lee

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 20 September 2018

We went an eightieth birthday party that was catered for in this restaurant. The food was great - the soup - oh the soup - to die for! The pudding was pure death! (Now sitting on my hips :) )

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We visit this Restaurant frequently and never had a bad experience. Fred &Nadine are hands on all the time. Their food is excellent and well priced. The view is spectacular. My favourite dishes are: Oxtail, Thai Green Curry Fish on the bone and Tribe. Wow!! Spoil yourself with a gourmet food/wine pairing, you won't be disappointed. Thank you guys.
Keep up your good work!!

Date of visit: September 2018
VISWIJF, Owner at De Viswijf, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Reviewed 4 September 2018

You can not ask for better service they are absolutely brilliant.
I had to arrange everything form Johannesburg as we arrive the day before the birthday and they did everything for me
Personalized menu and even decorating the table with my own runners
when we walked in ..... i was so impressed as it looked beautiful and my friend was so surprised and did not expect the party and the other friends.
The food was absolutely marvelous and not even expensive
The service was brilliant
We felt like royalties and one of those birthdays and evenings you will never forget
Thanks to all the staff this is one hell of a memory we will always stay with us
Will definitely see you a lots during our December visit

VISWIJF, Owner at De Viswijf, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Thank you so much! Looking forward hosting you again

Reviewed 3 September 2018

On my way back from a trip to Malawi my wife tells me about a platter for two at De Viswijf. Somewhat skeptical I joined then and what an amazing surprise. It was the best platter for two I have ever eaten. We order one for us and one for the kids (in case it was small) and there was more than enough to go around. From rib-lets, chicken strips, chips and onion rings to calamari, squid heads, fish, prawns and rice. Well done on a fantastic dish. We had the special on Friday night which included a round of cold drinks or wine.

Date of visit: August 2018
VISWIJF, Owner at De Viswijf, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Thank you so much!