Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
US$56
View deal
Booking.comUS$56
eDreamsUS$56
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
FindHotel
All reviews plunge pool hot tub owner james the penthouse within walking distance pleasurable experience large kitchen central location excellent stay see you soon place to stay rooms are clean enjoyed our stay beach front lollie jbay lolly
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 March 2020

No wonder I always return to Funky Town - great location, sterling hospitality and service - the best by far in JBay. The manager Lollie and owner James treat guests in the best way - thanks guys will see you soon again

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 19 January 2020

We stayed for in the Penthouse Apartment at Funky Town for two nights in early January, it was so good. The guest house is well secured with gated access and a parking area at the rear. Arriving in the afternoon Lolly met us at the gate, and after a fast check-in process showed us to the room.

The Penthouse is a modern apartment style room with two bedrooms, concrete floors, excellent decor, large kitchen, dining room, living area and TV. The beds are really comfortable and the concrete floors provde a great feel.

Funky Town is well located to central Jeffrey's Bay with Dolphin Beach, shops and other amenities within walking distance. Checkers and everything else are also a short drive away.

The guesthouse also has a common kitchen and living area downstairs which gives it a great community environment. There is also a common bbq and jacuzzi/spa. We were able to chat with other travellers which you often are not able to do when staying in hotels, the vibe is perfect for that.

As a family of four it was excellent for us. Lolly and all the other staff were amazing, Lolly's general service was also above and beyond expectations.

Thanks so much. We'll definitely stay or vist again if over that way

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 9 January 2020

We enjoyed our stay at Funky Town especially for its central location. It was close to all amenities and we could easily walk to the beach front without having to search for parking. The room was well laid out lots of functional space.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 6 January 2020

We did not stay in the room that was shown on the booking confirmation. Unfortunately I only realized it when I checked the booking confirmation when we returned. Our room only had a cement floor with nothing else on the floor. The mini bar was a only a refrigerator with two bottles of water on the day of our arrival. The balcony was only a walkway. Our room did not have a single chair. The basin in the bathroom did not have hot water. There is nothing in the shower where you can store anything. You have to put everything you need on the floor. We never once managed to use the wifi as there was no connectivity. The neighbors had two dogs that they kept locked in the room when they go out despite the property listed as not pet friendly. We had to listen to the dogs when their owners were not in the room. As animal lovers that was really not the best way to spend your evenings. The hot tub was not functional and the pool is just a plunge pool. The location was the only reason why we did not leave earlier than what we planned.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Passport65664862109, Owner at FunkyTown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2020

Dear Betty
I thank you for your review. Some of your points are very valid, and I will discuss those with management.
I will now address some of your concerns. All our rooms have Cemcrete (a modern colour impregnated concrete product) on the floors or tiles. The reason for this is that it is easier to keep the rooms spotlessly clean. Carpets tend to get dirty. We do not have a liquor licence; hence the refrigerator is not a mini bar but is there for you to keep your personal purchases cold. The room you booked was the room you stayed in from reference to your booking sheet dated 6 August 2019. You may not be aware, but the Eastern Cape is in the grip of a very severe drought. We have therefore taken a decision not to use the hot tub as it uses 400 litres of water which needs to be replaced daily. We cannot justify that luxury to our guests when the province is in a water crisis. As for the pool, yes, it is small. It is merely there for guests to cool off in and wash the sand off after swimming in the ocean.
From our side, I understand that you are very angry with us after I had to ask your daughter to tone down both her language and behaviour in front of and to our fellow guests, people who had booked a 15 day stay.
I remember on Christmas Day you mentioned to one of our staff that I had spoilt your Christmas celebrations and had offended you. As is normally the case in these situations, that was your point of view. From our side, your daughter’s behaviour of exposing herself in public and in full view of our other guests the previous night and that morning and passing disparaging sexual comments towards one of our guest’s husbands to his wife was most inappropriate and very distasteful. So distasteful in fact that it spoilt their Christmas celebrations as well. You will remember they packed up their gazebo they had set up for the day and went upstairs. They were deeply offended by the remarks made. I simply had to have the discussion I had with her, to stop the matter from escalating and getting completely out of control. I do remember her male friend agreeing with me, you looked rather upset with me. Your daughter did not really comment. It appears you may have been unaware of the incidents as you did deny them to our manager. Unfortunately, both incidents were witnessed by more than one party, and reported to me.
I tend to think your review is more about your feelings of being offended around my raising the discussion I did have with you all concerning the bad behaviour incidents, rather than our service or the accommodation we offer. You have vented your anger towards us through your review. I have responded to set the record straight.
Sincerely
The FunkyTown Team

Reviewed 30 December 2019

What an incredible place. Whether you stay for 1 day or 10, I would recommend Funky Town. The rooms are clean. The friendly staff make it a pleasurable experience from the start. If you decide to hit the streets, all the major hang out spots and restaurants are within walking distance. Should you decide to stay in, they have a great braai area with a pool. I would strongly recommend Funky Town.

Trip type: Travelled with family