“Sunday afternoon lunch”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2021 via mobile

Such a relaxed vibe! Excellent value for money, seafood potjie the gery best and as for the West Coast platter!

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (187)

Reviewed 22 March 2021 via mobile

Tapas restaurant is a perfect spot to relax, enjoy sand on your feet and enjoy a beuatiful seafood meal. The specials and the service are spot on! And the location........right on the beach sand. Love it!

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 27 January 2021 via mobile

I can't remember feeling as confused about what to write in a review...
The food was AMAZING. My son and I both had the Seafood Hotpot (potjie) which was both incredibly delicious and fantastic value for money. But everyone enjoyed their meals and our waiter was attentive and engaging.
My only food related criticism was the length of time between first and last plates arriving, something it seems other reviews have mentioned.
But the main reason for reduced stars is the display of the old South African flag and the old SA Police flag. I realise some people think it's a part of their cultural history and there may even be an argument over whether it's display here constitutes art, but you have to be utterly tone deaf not to realise it's a potent symbol of a hurtful past. It's display in a restaurant is quite simply unacceptable. As my (black, adopted) son said: "Why is the apartheid flag here?" Indeed.
We (especially those of us who are white South Africans) have to call this out if we want to have any hope for healing in our country.

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank cbg75a
Reviewed 15 December 2020

One of the best seafood restaurants I have experienced, and I have been in many countries. Tables in the sand, but well protected against the elements. Food and service absolutely outstanding!

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 25 September 2020 via mobile

Food slow, cold, management poor. Waiters tried their best to find the rice. Not the best value. Food served at separate intervals.

Date of visit: September 2020