“A Must when in Jeffreys Bay”

Tapas Beach Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 64 Restaurants in Jeffreys Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 December 2020

One of the best seafood restaurants I have experienced, and I have been in many countries. Tables in the sand, but well protected against the elements. Food and service absolutely outstanding!

Date of visit: December 2020
Write a reviewReviews (186)

Reviewed 25 September 2020 via mobile

Food slow, cold, management poor. Waiters tried their best to find the rice. Not the best value. Food served at separate intervals.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 6 March 2020

Great venue toe relax have a good meal and bury your toes in the sand! Nice fireplace for that cold and misty days. Food is good value for money. Good friendly Vibes.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 19 February 2020

This restaurant was recommended to us by our travel agent and a great recommendation it was. It was a very unique dining experience. The floor was sand and the decor was very neat, there were flags from all over the world hanging from the roof. The restaurant had a fisherman feel with nets and fisherman themed items hanging from the ceiling and walls. We even saw our provincial flag (we are Canadian and they had an Alberta flag up). Some of the flags were signed so I would only assume they were given to the restaurant by tourists visiting. There is a sign on the door warning that serves will be slow as it is fresh food not fast food but I feel like it is more about the experience then the speed of the meal. We enjoyed a bottle of wine and had the calamari to start. The BEST CALAMARI I HAVE EVER TASTED!!! They I had a fish dish and my wife had a steak. Both very large portions and delicious. The restaurant is located just off the beach so there are beautiful views. It is definitely a place I would recommend if you want a unique experience with delicious food.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 14 January 2020 via mobile

No, sorry. Three words.
Never EVER again..
Had been one of the worst experiences of my life. I wanted to try the seafood platter, but by the time my friend and her kids was sorted out, her husband and I have not even began smelling ours. Orders were completely wrong, taken toe the wrong tables, wrong sides with wrong meals. It was an absolute disaster. Don't know if I want to take the chance again. I was honestly shocked that things can get that bad. And we were the only table!!

Date of visit: December 2019