“FAMILY PIZZA WARS (Joe's vs Sam's & Macks)”
Review of Joe's Pizzeria

Joe's Pizzeria
Ranked #73 of 177 Restaurants in Wildwood
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I had my first slice of Joes' pizza in 2015 watching the fireworks on a Friday night on the boardwalk.......it was the BEST boardwalk slice of pizza I ever had hands down! Like most people, I was a Mack & Manco's fan since I was a little kid going to Ocean City back in the 80's, but this pizza was a cut above all the pizza on the boards.

Well, this is when the debate started with my family & friends, so I decided to have a Pizza-off.

First up Joe's versus Macks 2016 (my cousin even bought a Macks shirt in 2015 (Lol)), 1 LARGE Joe's pie & 2- Macks large pies picked up & judged by 13 family members on vacation......

2016 VERDICT: JOE'S vs MACK'S 11-2, Joe's was the victor by a landslide!
Joe's Pizza was crispy, sauce was very flavorful with a hint of sweet & just the right amount of cheese. You could almost hold the BIG slice out in attention with one hand. MACK'S - the pizza crust was limp & thin, and the pizza was very oily & hard to handle, sauce was NOT flavorful at all.

One year later (2017) & another Pizza off, this time it was Joe's versus Sam's, which they are only about a block or two apart, so you can even have your own pizza off on the boards & judge for yourself.

2017 VERDICT: JOE'S vs SAM'S - 10-3 (Joe's was same as the year before (see above), and though Sam's was better than Mack's the year before, but their sauce had zero flavor compared to Joe's, & oily but firmer than Mack's.

I recommend ALL my friends & family to at least have one slice of ALL THREE pizzas & judge for yourselves. If I'm lying, I'm dying! I can't wait until July 29th to get me some Joe's!!!!

Reviewed 6 May 2018

One of the few places on the Wildwood Boardwalk that was open at 9:00 at night. Very good pizza. Fast efficent service. Plenty of seating.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We go to Wildwood for a long weekend in the Spring and again in the Fall. I can't get through a weekend without my pizza fix. We've never been able to find really-good-pizza! My boys were on the boardwalk and had a slice of Joe's and told us we had to order the LARGE pizza. Well the LARGE pizza was 28" with the box being even bigger! When we went to pick it up we couldn't get it through the car door, had to open the back of the Jeep and put the seats down. Not only big...but...DELICIOUS! We have our new go-to pizza for our Wildwood weekends. We also found out there is one located in Marlton as well.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

This is my second time coming to Joe's and I think it is one of the best slices you will get in New Jersey. The slice is huge but you will pay for it. The cheese slice is $3.50 and the sausage slice is $4.75. It is pricey but worth it.

The sauce for the pizza is excellent. It has a rich tomato flavor with lots of spices and the sausage was of good quality and had a lot of flavor as well. The slice is about the size of two and a half slices of regular pizza so come with an appetite. It will fill you up. I was a little shocked though when the bill came and it was $9.25 for a Coke and a Slice of pizza.

When I asked for a Coke, the women who is a co-owner and a waiter there gave me a large Coke with a ton of ice so I had very little soda, plus I did not ask for a large she just gave me that. Please remember when ordering a drink to ask for just a little ice and specify the size you want. I was shocked that a large Coke is $3.00.

The service is very friendly and I will tell you I am very impressed by the pizza. One of the best places for a slice in New Jersey. The quality of the pizza and the taste is excellent. Just watch the sodas!

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Joes pizza is a rip off. I went there and old lady with blonde hair sold me a soda full of ice . Then I asked for napkins and she gave me just 2 napkins. After that she overcharged me. They have been doing this for years. If you are a minority keep away from there. They are also racist. Not family friendly. And very negative business practices. Not a welcome place. The old lady job is to rig your bill and steal your hard earn money. Keep away. And very disrespectful to some customers!!!!!!!