Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$131
Agoda.comUS$131
FindHotel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 June 2019

This place is disgusting. My room smelled, there was only one air conditioner that was supposed to cool off a two room “efficiency”. My husband had to fix the toilet multiple times and the bathroom door handle was hanging halfway off. I also encountered a few ants. My husband and I were planning on leaving and just never coming back because we aren’t big complainers but on our last day I shut the front door and locked it. Apparently, if you don’t slam the door it doesn’t close all the way and my 18 month old son slipped the door open from the bottom. I was in a room packing and heard my dog barking. After a minute of leaving the room my son was outside and climbed a high set of stairs onto the next level. Lucky, I got him in time. There were no apologies and she kept asking why I never complained about any of the problems; ignoring the issue. The owner said she would call back about a refund after she talked to her husband. I called multiple times and she ignored me. When I blocked my number she answered, said she was off duty, and hung up. Then, while she was “ on duty” she just kept answering, said I was harassing her, then would hang up without listening to anything I had to say and never called my husband or I back. Never experienced such unprofessional behavior in my life.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
conniemeyer820, Owner at Tide Winds Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2019

Mr. & Mrs Reuger. This was your 6th year to the Tide Winds and never before have you complained about anything and you didn't complain this time except Mr Reuger was out taking a run before check out and Mrs Reuger was packing and your little 18 month old son and dog got out of your unit and the maintenance man saw he and the dog on the 3rd level running along the balcony. Maintenance has checked that door and nothing was found wrong. There have been guests before you and after you and no one has had a problem. Bottom line you didn't have the door closed and your little boy got out. When you called I did say I was sorry about 6 times for the trauma you were going thru. That did not excuse the 25 calls you kept calling me to yell at me because your son got out. I was not in your room and did not leave the door open. It is a shame that you have come 6 years in a row and because you left the door open you want to slander me and my business. After 41 years in hospitality my goal has always been to try to make sure our guests have the best vacation they can. Not once did you ever come to the office to complain about anything until before you left your son got out and you wanted to make sure it was our fault and a full refund. Hopefully you are able to contact one of the other pet friendly motels in Wildwood and continue your tradition of enjoying our wonderful island. God bless you.

Reviewed 27 May 2019

Tide Wind Motel got the game twisted. How do Connie think she can charge my card that was to be used for a deposit only for a damaged toilet!!! Talking about I said I’ll be responsible. LADY - stop being greedy by renting to 18 year old boys. You run a great risk of damage. I’m not dumb enough to say I would be responsible for 5 teenage boys. That’s just STUPID.
I guess it would have been a surprise charge when I got the bill - she called and hung up. I called the number back and she’s like “The toilet was damaged, I charged you $250.00” then got nasty and said “you were responsible for them”. I kindly said “Miss Connie, I never said that” she yelled “yes you did” and hung up.
Now if I never helped secure the deposit with a credit card - how would you receive payment. I’ll be typing up a disputed letter and contacting the better business Bureau.

She should have called me first.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank littleladysvt

This reservation was made my a Mom for her son and 5 guests. She had put the deposit for their group on her credit card. The one18 years old had admitted to breaking the toliet tank and cracking the bottom so that it had to be replaced. Water was going thru the floor and down to the next level. This was an act of vandalism as we have never had a toliet lid and tank broken like this. In fact they threw the toilet lid out and got the toilet lid from the first level guests bathroom and put it on their toilet which was on the 3rd level. It didn't match and the tank was broken and split. The toilet was a handicap model and was replaced for $250.00. This young man who admitted to doing it should pay you back. The purpose of a held credit card is for damages. All persons were 18 years old. This is why most motels will not rent to persons under 25 years of age.

Reviewed 19 May 2019 via mobile

Spent the weekend here with my husband and dog before the summer crowd comes in next weekend. Desk staff was friendly. Reserved a room that slept two but when we got there had been moved to a room that had 2 beds and slept 4 which was nice as it gave my dog somewhere comfortable to seep in the same room as us without the 3 of us trying to squeeze in a double bed. The room we got moved to also ended up being on the ground floor (versus the second floor we were supposed to be on) which made it easy and convenient for loading/unloading our car and walking the dog. Our room was definitely dated and could use some upgrades but it was super clean which is the top priority. All of the appliances we tried worked even though they were old. The only issue we had was that the TV had a horrible glitch and we couldn’t get the cable to change channels and keep connection. But overall would go back when traveling with our pup!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you Nicole for your kind words. We are so happy when our guests have a great time. We try to go out of our way to say thank you for staying at the Tide Winds. Your business is very much so appreciated. Hope to see you again and that tv has been replaced. Have a blessed day.

Reviewed 20 March 2019 via mobile

Best Hotel in wildwood great owners one block from boardwalk great experience I have been going there since 1984 you wont be disappointed convention center is one block away all the amenities you need

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you so much for your great review. We really try to do the best we can and we so appreciate our Tide Winds family. We look forward to serving you all and to so you have a wonderful vacation is our goal. Hope to see you soon.
Connie

Reviewed 23 August 2018

I will start with the good

location/convenience, nice and helpful owners and staff, daily cleaning services. larger/more spacious apartment type accommodations, updated kitchens in some rooms.

not so good:

outdated over all (structural, pool, room/furniture/carpet/bathroom, etc.). fridge had funky smell that passed into the whole room, the smell did eventually pass. most likely the people before left something in and the staff was stuck doing what they could do (out of their control). updated kitchen but an old fridge. Fridge felt like it never really fully cooled properly.

overall it was a decent stay and may consider going back. my guess is that most of wildwood motels are like this.

Date of stay: August 2018