“vaction with children and grandchildren”
Review of Sahara Sam's Oasis

Sahara Sam's Oasis
More attraction details
Owner description: Sahara Sam's Oasis indoor water park in NJ now offers outdoor Water Park fun all year with amusements, water slides, water attractions, birthday parties, and arcade games to the New Jersey, New York, and Philadelphia area families. Located in West Berlin, NJ. Sahara Sam's-Where It's Always 84 Degrees and Sunny™
Reviewed 28 June 2018

had a wonderful week. stayed at a resort near bye that was recommended by saharas sam. lots of fun for all ages.

All reviews
in 16 reviews
"keys"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Heads up: I went on a summer weekday with my 6-year-old son who is 42 inches tall. I read a lot of reviews before we visited and noticed that many of the negative experiences happened on cram-packed Saturdays or because of how a birthday party was handled. I think a summer weekday is the most bang for your buck here.

Good stuff: It was busy but not terribly crowded on a weekday. We did not have waits for any of the slides or pools. The outdoor wave pool was a big hit with my son. The water really was heated to a comfortable temperature. The lifeguards were very vigilant and always attentive. The arcade is new and clean. There is an armed security presence, which I would normally think is a little much but I imagine this place could get very crowded and the presence of alcohol does not instill any confidence in public behavior. I was able to carry my beach bag with towels around from place to place and they were always secure. Everything I saw was clean. We spent 4 and a half hours doing everything we could and had a blast.

The less than good: The lockers were 10 and 15 dollars, which is outrageous. The food is deep fried salt and sugar, and very expensive. You could bring your own food and eat in the parking lot but it's not convenient since the only exit is through the arcade where you are not allowed to be barefoot or wet. The inside water park is small, and it's the spacious outdoor Beach Club that really makes a visit, so I would count on this place for fun mainly between Memorial Day and Labor Day. The bars are weird for a family attraction and I never saw them being used. They should knock them down and sell smoothies.

Finally: Yes, it smells like chlorine. I totally expect that from a high volume water park. Bring goggles for the pools. This is a great local attraction, a lot of fun for anyone 42 inches and over. I would not consider it a vacation destination by a longshot and am floored that people would drive a couple hours to come here and stay in a hotel. It's an asset for south Jersey and fun for those of us who live here, but probably would not be worth a long haul for someone out of state.

Overall, we had a very positive experience and will likely return once more this summer.

3  Thank Monica O
SaharaSams, Public Relations Manager at Sahara Sam's Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Monica - thank you so much for visiting us and for a thoughtful, insightful review.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your tips and feedback with other guests who are planning to visit. As you mention (and we recommend), visiting us on a weekday is the best way to enjoy a more intimate experience at the park. Our Outdoor Park is also one of our favorite areas of the park; and is a great way to enjoy a beach-like environment without traveling to the shore.

Thank you again for visiting, we can't wait for you to come back!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I planned my son's 1st Birthday party here over the weekend. I chose the "Waffles & Waves" party package only because you get longer water park time then the other packages. Here are my pros & cons:

PRO - perfect family fun idea, the staff decorates and does everything for you, host was friendly but didn't smile much, outdoor wave pool and kiddie area, video game section inside, organized timed party event, 65 years and older are FREE, babies 3 and under are FREE, parents & grandparents are FREE, birthday kid get a FREE season pass for 1 year, guests get video game cards.

CONS - the smell of chlorine was HORRIBLE! My family members got sick and had to go to the first aid because they began to feel light headed & dizzy (NO - they do not drink alcohol or do drugs), HORRIBLY crowded - I think they should downsize the # of people capacity so that it isn't ridiculously elbow to elbow in there, the party was a nice idea BUT i DO NOT recommend it because it was a rush rush deal - The waffles took a 1/2 hour to come out so the kids started eating the adults' food. By the time the waffles came out, it was already time to sing happy birthday and cut the cake because we only had 10 mins left in the room. HOW can you have a party for only 45 mins?? They need to modify that to at least an hour at the very least! The food is definitely over priced so I suggest packing sandwiches, snacks and beverages in a cooler in your car!

Overall, we had a good time but I would never do a party there anymore. My biggest advice to you is to get there as soon as they open and leave as soon as it gets elbow to elbow.

1  Thank Jessica C

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your birthday party with us! We do appreciate all of our guests' feedback as it helps us to continue to improve as a park.

We understand some guests are more sensitive to chlorine than others but we always ensure our pools are treated to the required levels set forth to us. We definitely plan to share your birthday party feedback with our party staff.

Thank you again - we do hope you come back soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

The place is overrated, small, and does not have much to do for kids. Place is crowded, and the food is average. Big kids taking over the pool area where the younger kids are playing. Other guests loud and obnoxious using profanity.

Thank you for visiting and for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear our park did not meet your expectations. We do hope you visit us again soon and have a more enjoyable experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Was there this past Sunday for Memorial Day Weekend. Had the worst experience ever with the manager of the location. We were a group of 36, as a family was leaving for the day they told us to take the cabana one of the parents went to ask if we can take it we would be willing to pay to rent it and we were told we could not by the manager with a nasty attitude. The family that was leaving told us they had already paid for it to take it but we prefer to asked. As the kids were in the rides some of the parents went to buy food and when we came back we found the same manager talking very rude and unprofessionally to our kids and kicking them out of the cabana they were all minors. The kids did not know that they could not sit there he taught the kids were alone and did not see that some of the parents were sitting right in front of the slides. He never asked the kids to where are your parents just started talking in the worst manner ever. When I came I told him the kids did not they could not sit there we were buying food the manager got nastier and started arguing with us in front of the kids and other families. I then went to speak with his manager supposedly he was going to speak to him don't think he did while I was talking to him he had a smile and were looking at me like whatever. They did not want to rent me the cabana but was rented to another party we felt discriminated This will be the last visit to this park and will not be recommend to the people I know. We pay for you to be there and have a job. Not only that but chlorine smell was super strong we had to step outside to catch some clean air, bathrooms were dirty and the food was over priced. You need managers to learn to work with people and kids they should not be working there.

5  Thank nilda144

Thank you for visiting and for sharing your feedback.

We do apologize for the miscommunication you experienced while you visited. Our cabanas do tend to get rented out prior to weekends and guests who purchase them are free to come to the park at whatever time they prefer. We will review this specific situation with our managers to get more details on the event.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention - we do hope you come back again and enjoy your visit.