US$142
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$99
Travelocity
Pelican Inn & Suites(Toms River)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$102
US$104
  • Restaurant
US$91
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$148
Hotels.com
All reviewsfirst floorroom was cleanflat screen tvdecent placeindoor poolone night staylobby areacomplimentary breakfastconvenient locationvisiting familyfront desk staffthe jersey shoreihophooperbartenderboardwalk
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lobby and public areas don't look too bad, but the guest rooms look look they should be rented by the hour. Staff wasn't helpful.
Also had trouble with the Wyndham rewards program which you are directed to when you reserve a room. I was issued a membership number, but their website wouldn't let me activate the account. I was redirected to a phone number that just put you on hold.
Terrible experience all around...

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank collbob52
Sarah L, Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel by Wyndham Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear collbob52; We would like to apologize that that the current condition of the guestroom you received did not meet your needs or expectations. Every effort is made to ensure our guests comfort and cleanliness remains our priority as well and great service. From your valued feedback, I see that we missed the opportunity to exceed your expectations and we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay.

Regarding the rewards, sorry to hear you had some challenges with this, I found a Member Services phone number for the US 1-866-996-7937. I am not sure if that is what you were provided but certainly hope it helps get your account set up.

Thank you again for your time, review and valued business. We do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay and will use your comments to better our services moving forward.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

everything was fine each time I stayed here except beds could be more comfortable for the price. Location is good. Pool could be bigger considering the size of the hotel. Breakfast, Lunch&dinner is very nearby. Staff is very personable and courteous. I would recommend this hotel as a quick and convenient getaway spot 4 couples

Room Tip: the noise level incident only happened bc we rented late and was stuck in the C section
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Michelle; Thank you for choosing our hotel as your place to stay when you are in town. We are pleased to hear you have stayed a few times with us and find the location ideal, the value and friendly service exceeds your expectations. While we cannot change the size of the pool we do our best to maintain it and the added bonus of the large courtyard area does make it feel roomy. We will certainly look into changing the mattresses that we can. The recommendation to others means a great deal to us, I am glad that you all enjoyed your time with us, we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The one night stay was a great experience. The night staff that checked me in was the best. Super friendly, polite, and understanding. The room size was amazing. It was a very clean looking room. If all HoJo's are like this, I will try to stay at more on my travels.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear mauricer02; Thank you for choosing our hotel as your place to stay for the evening while in town.

We appreciate your positive feedback and delighted to hear that the hotel met your needs. We are pleased to hear the welcoming staff started your stay off well and the comfortable, spacious guestroom and more exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you again when your travels bring you to town.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Oh boy where do I begin? This hotel is very run down and dirty. I was so grossed out I wouldn't sleep under the covers. The air conditioner makes the room smell more than it already does. The entire hotel smells like cigarettes and mildew and I can't get the smell out of my nose. The halls of the hotel were dirty and had crumbs and trash on the floor. The beds were as hard as a rock and the bedding was ripped. I also found a hair in the bed that didn't belong to me. The bathroom was also disgusting. The toilet seat was ripped up and worn down. The bathroom door had extreme water damage from the shower. When I turned on the shower water spewed out in all different directions which wet the whole bathroom. I also felt very unsafe here. There are many entrances all around the hotel and none of the doors are locked at night time. Many people were smoking cigarettes and weed inside the hotel which I found very gross. The breakfast was gross. The floor of the outside area (outside of the pool) was very dangerous. Some bricks were missing and some had risen above the ground and I saw many people tripping over it. This is the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. I will never be returning and I recommend that no one stay in this hotel. Sleeping in your car is better than sleeping in this hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank EllaDunn
Sarah L, Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel by Wyndham Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear EllaDunn; We are sorry to hear that this was the experience you had and thank you for taking the time to share this with us. Cleanliness and guest comfort are very important to us and we take great pride in ensuring that our guests have a fresh room that welcomes them upon arrival and throughout their stay. I appreciate your feedback and again sorry to hear the condition of this room was not evident of the pride our team takes in the hotel. This will be addressed and reviewed further with the staff so we can make the improvements we can right away. Again, our sincere apologies for this experience.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

If we had not been exhausted when we arrived, we would have left immediately. Halls have an odor that can only be described as urine mixed with cigar smoke. The hotel room is a disgrace. Please see photos.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Bag19973; We are sorry to hear that the current condition of the hotel did not meet your expectations and you had an unpleasant experience. Providing a clean, comfortable place to stay is something we pride ourselves on and we see from your feedback that we have fallen short on that goal. We appreciate the photos, Management will review those further and make the necessary changes right away. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so we can correct it.