“Horrible Dinner!”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I were on our honeymoon and were looking forward to having dinner here. When we were here 2 years ago the food was excellent, and we had a great time. I don’t know what happened to this place. First, there was a dead bug in my salad. I didn’t want to make a big deal about it, but I told the bus boy so that they can check the lettuce to make sure it didn’t happen to another patron. Second, my husband and I ordered one of the chef’s specials, Baked mahi mahi with a macadamia crust and pineapple sauce. It sounded wonderful; It was anything but. The fish had no flavoring whatsoever, it was bland, watery and tasteless. They have some nerve serving $30.00 a plate for that awful entree! You don’t even get a vegetable, and you get a small bowl of mashed potatoes to share. I couldn’t get the fish down, I was gagging, and my husband didn’t finish his. The only consolation was that the manager didn’t charge us for one of the meals because of the bug in my salad, which was nice of them, but, the food was horrible, and we won’t be back, unfortunately.

BreakersOnTheOcean, Manager at The Breakers on the Ocean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear alisaser68:

We are sorry about the issue with the salad and to hear that you didn't enjoy the Mahi Mahi special. We have had such great feedback about that dish, but we certainly have shared your comments with the Chef. As you mentioned, vegetables are ala carte and entrees are server with our Italian mashed potatoes. That is the same as when you dined with us two years ago. Thank you for dining with us again. We hope that you enjoyed the rest of your honeymoon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The entire meal was phenomenal, the waiters were knowledgeable, and the students employed as busers conducted themselves very professionally. Sit on the side porch for quiet conversations away from the piano.

Dear eeprice16:

We are so happy that you enjoyed your meal and experience at the Breakers. Thank you for dining with us and for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The. Staff was very friendly. The menu was delicious. I had the veal picatta . I ordered the special salad,which was. Delicious.

BreakersOnTheOcean, Manager at The Breakers on the Ocean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear 409foodie:

We're so glad that you loved everything. Thank you for dining with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2018

So after a final review and discussion with my wife recently we agreed , although the room was quiet we found the mattress to be too soft, the service overall to be average (nothing special) and we will not be visiting there again. Nor would we recommend it to our friends or family members.

BreakersOnTheOcean, Manager at The Breakers on the Ocean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Dear Ken S.

Thank you for staying with us. We're sorry to hear that The Breakers is not the right fit for you. Our mattresses are an excellent quality and because they have pillow tops they are meant to be soft. Again, thank you for staying with us and giving The Breakers a try. We certainly appreciate it and wish you happy travels in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

The main restaurant is lovely, great food and attentive service. Also a casual restaurant which offers a view of the outside pool. A nice bar with seating and a view of the outside porch and water. I've been here many times and find it very dependable.

1  Thank Joan G

Dear Joan G.

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate it and are so happy to hear that you always enjoy your experience. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you next time.