Normandy Inn(Spring Lake)
US$240
US$232
  • Breakfast included
Walden on the Pond(Spring Lake)
US$516
US$227
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$382/night.

Spring Lake Inn(Spring Lake)
US$297
US$176
Hotels.com
Doolan's(Spring Lake)
US$173
US$156
  • Breakfast included
White Lilac Inn(Spring Lake)
US$344
Atlantic Inn & Suites(Wall Township)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$91
Economy Inn(Wall Township)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$91
The Ocean House(Spring Lake)
All reviewscontinental breakfastwhispers restaurantoverlooking the lakebeautiful hotelthe hotel managerliving roomfirst floormy husband and ihard boiled eggsoff seasonperfect locationno elevatorprivate porchfront porchbagelstwo blocksshore town
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a Ladies Getaway for one of my friend’s Birthday. Hotel was beautiful it has the Victorian charm that we loved. The rooms are quaint but have the modern amentites. There is no elevator because they need to Keep the Historic charm of the day.
The wrap around porch was just so beautiful overlooking the Lake. It has a really nice pool with lounging
patio chairs and such.
We walked to a Restaurant that was on Ocean Avenue, twenty minute walk but we could have taken the car there was no problem parking.
Truly charming!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Tobi T, General Manager at Hewitt Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Nancy, Thank you for reviewing us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope we get to see you again sometime.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a well-appointed room in this unique condo-hotel. Certain less important, minor things were not up to 5-star standards, such as leaving a vacuum cleaner in the main hallway and other fine touches, but all in all it and Spring Lake are wonderful places to visit. We would certainly stay there again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Robert, I apologize that we were not up to our standards on that. I agree in that we should not be leaving the vacuum out; I will say we are in busy season and we have a lot going on, but ultimately that is no excuse. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for reviewing us!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

How can you go wrong with Spring Lake? We liked the room, the beautiful front porch, the convenient parking, the gracious staff. Just don't count on the breakfast as it would be better, in my opinion, if they didn't have it. But we walked to town and had a lovely breakfast at one of the local places.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Tobi T, General Manager at Hewitt Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Esther, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. We loved having you. Yes, since we don't have a kitchen, all we can serve is a continental breakfast. We are always up for suggestions, but if you want a hot breakfast, we have no problem recommending our favorite local places for breakfast. I'm happy you liked where you ate :) Thank you for reviewing us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Spent two nights at the Hewitt celebrating my girlfriends birthday. This is our vacation/celebration, and I expect privacy and relaxation. All was well until someone knocks at our door the morning of her birthday.

So upon answering the door, the "manager," asks if we used our shower the night before. First of all, it's none of her business, and secondly, we were at the beach all day and needed a shower before bed. I paid a pretty penny for a two night stay, and I will shower when I feel like it.

So apparently, there was a leak in the floor underneath our room and she wanted to look into it. I obliged, and she went into the bathroom, disrupting our privacy. She comes out of the bathroom, and tells us she will need to call a plumber to get it looked at.

At this point, we are checking out the following morning, and according to the reservation page on their website, no one was staying in this room for the next two days. I recommended she contact the plumber to come in at 11 the next morning because we wouldn't be there. She argued by saying the leak is disrupting the people in the room below and that she needed to take care of it.

She was pushy and asked what we were doing that day so the plumbers could do what they needed to do. We tried to be accommodating and went out for lunch. When we got back, there was a knock at our door. There she is again with two plumbers, disrupting our privacy, to look at the bathroom.

In doing so, we over hear her telling the plumber this is an ongoing issue for the past two weeks. So, instead of taking care of it two weeks ago, she decides to go out of her way to make our stay miserable. The plumbers said they couldnt do anything because they didn't have the proper tools, and she insisted that they get it done that day. When they refused, she ran back behind her desk and calls our room to tell us that we got our way and the plumber said he would be there the next morning.

We spent the entire day worrying about random plumbers being in our room, unattended, with all of our belongings. It was very unsettling with how quick the "manager" was able to ruin our stay, and make us feel very unwelcomed. Upon check out, she asks how our stay was. I told her our stay was not enjoyable, and our 2 nights were cut short by problems that shouldn't have happened.

After all was said and done, not one apology. We were told she did what she had to do to accommodate the people below us, but didnt care about how unaccomodating she was towards us. She was extremely unprofessional with how she handled the situation, especially knowing this problem has been present for two weeks. Why would she wait until OUR two day stay to address the leaking? It was all very bizarre and unprofessional.

This was our 6th year here, and our last. Nothing about the Hewitt Wellington was enjoyable this time around. We usually enjoy ourselves and have the privacy we are looking for, but this time around, we were inconvenienced and annoyed. It was very upsetting, considering we would spend my girlfriends birthday here every year.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve D

Steve,
We were and still are sorry that we had to interrupt your stay. Because the leak appeared to be an emergency situation (not an ongoing two week project. This was very new news to us), I wanted to take immediate action so it wouldn't worsen over time and use. Since the leak was interfering another guest's stay, we didn't want water dripping and pouring from their ceiling either. I did call the plumber to come out and assess the leak. We didn't spend long in your room since the plumber didn't have the necessary supplies, but I went in the room with the plumbers to ensure the safety of your belongings, as I guaranteed. I do wish to accommodate all of my guests at all times, but unfortunately sometimes there are pressing matters such as a big leak in this historic building.
I hoped that the five minutes total of our interruption wouldn't ruin your entire stay, but I am sorry that it did. I understand it was an inconvenience, and I apologize(d) for it. I hope you give us another chance, because leaks are not ongoing nor common issues for us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We found the hotel to be very comfortable while also very elegant. The decor was lovely and the rooms harmonious. Our private outdoor covered sitting area was a real plus. The breakfast was tasty as well. I also liked how the hotel has beach badges and other items for the nearby beach. We will return.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank James G

James, Thank you for reviewing us. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay. We do love our rooms with the private balconies and wraparound porch for everyone. We hope to see you soon!