Hewitt Wellington
Chateau Inn & Suites(Spring Lake)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$115
US$112
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Atlantic Inn & Suites(Wall Township)
US$80
US$71
US$79
Economy Inn(Wall Township)
US$68
Travelocity
Sea Girt Lodge(Wall Township)
US$99
US$80
Walden on the Pond(Spring Lake)
All reviewscontinental breakfastwhispers restaurantoverlooking the lakebeautiful hotelroom was largefirst floormy husband and ithe general managerliving roomhard boiled eggsoff seasonperfect locationprivate porchbagelsfront porchtwo blocksno elevator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The Hewitt Wellington in Spring Lake, NJ is a WONDERFUL place for a relaxing get-away in one of the most beautiful towns in the U.S. - and, certainly, in New Jersey. Right across the street from Spring Lake - and just a few blocks from the ocean, it is a lovely location for a quiet off-season break, and a prime location for an in-season visit to "the Jersey shore." The on-site presence of "Whispers" - one of the most beautiful, charming, and excellent restaurants in New Jersey - is a big plus!!! Toby at the front desk was wonderful . . .warm, welcoming, and helpful. We had a delicious dinner at "Whispers" - where the ambience, service, and food are first-rate . . . and a relaxing, restorative sleep in a great bed and a very quiet hotel. I LOVED IT!!!

Room Tip: The suites are quite beautiful.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Tobi T, General Manager at Hewitt Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks so much for reviewing us! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your time here. We're always here to help and welcome everyone!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

First, it took us nearly one hour to check in. Not because it was busy, it was because there was only one employee handling the check in desk. There seemed to be problems with any reservation that was done online. The three reservations that checked in ahead of us all had problems, The room was ok, with the exception of the bed. The mattress sagged big time and you had to struggle not to roll into the center of the bed. It did not make for a good nights sleep.

We had dinner at the restaurant. The food was very good, the service was fine, but the table was not even close to level, the host was a grump and very rude and when the bill came they overcharged us by $32.

All in all not a great experience. Can't imagine what it would be like if it were actually busy.

1  Thank mrhappy2018
Tobi T, General Manager at Hewitt Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I was unaware of there being any check-in issues and had I been aware, I would have gladly helped. I will make sure that my front desk staff understands the process as they should have already known. I don't know what difficulties they faced, but I'm positive it's easy to correct.
As far as the bed, I would like to know which room you stayed in so that we can urge the owner to replace their mattress. Each room here is individually owned, so they're technically condominiums. Once we are aware that the mattress is an issue, we can make the steps to fix/replace/resolve the problem.
The restaurant is a separate entity from the hotel so I cannot comment towards anything there.
Thank you for reviewing us.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Helpful Tobi/Alex at front desk. Pros: thick towels. lovely lobby to relax after dinner. House at a open area, felt i could breathe. tooth paste in br. tv & microwave & coffee maker in room. I wasn't sure if we had to leave b4 breakfast so Tobi gave me bagels the nite before.
Cons: Wish they just left the breakfast food out so could have had one of each. Had to ask exactly what i wanted & they go to the back & pick it up for you. coffee ok. The parking in the side is tight.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Judyistheboss
Tobi T, General Manager at Hewitt Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Judy, I'm glad you could enjoy yourself with the limited time you had here. Typically we do leave breakfast out when we have enough guests. When we only have a few guests staying over, we get to give them a more "server" type of experience so you get to sit back and relax. You could have definitely had more and I apologize for making it seem like you couldn't. And we're currently working on the parking issue. So sorry about that, we wish it were roomier for our guests too! We hope to see you again sometime.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

My boyfriend and I had a great time at the Hewitt Wellington. Nice location for a beautiful view of the lake with the option of walking a few feet to the beach. Very romantic victorian hotel. Staff was very welcoming. I cannot wait to go back. Went right before spring to avoid the beach crowds in the area.

Room Tip: 2nd floor, room 8
1  Thank gloriamarienelson
Tobi T, General Manager at Hewitt Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thank you for reviewing us. We are so glad that you had a great time here. And feel free to come back during the Spring, because it's not as crowded as you might think!

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Just stayed one night after a fabulous dinner at Whispers , the restaurant located on the first floor. Comfortable room, but watch out for the step down into the bathroom! Note that there is no elevator. Great desk help.

Room Tip: keep in mind that there is no elevator.
1  Thank babs2523
Tobi T, General Manager at Hewitt Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thank you for reviewing us. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and that your dinner went well. Rooms 5, 8, 9, and 10 do all have one step down into the bathroom, but we try to alert all of our guests of the situation as well as our "watch your step" stickers. Feel free to come back any time.