“Too nosie”

Stage House Tavern
Ranked #3 of 125 Restaurants in Somerset
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: THere are two Stage House Taverns = same ownere. One in Scotch Plains, NJ is on tripadvisor, the Somerset one is not.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The Stage House is great for having a large bar and good drinks.The food is good and the menu is varied. I especially like their salmon salad, it's a little different and quite delicious
However as good as everything is ,the acoustics are so bad you can not hear the person next to you

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

So this is my second time here and my first time brought me back. I heard about free burger monday and decided to give it a try. Our server greeted us with some waters and introduced himself. I ordered a drink in which he didn’t ID me, which for a place that takes drunk driving very seriously, i would hope takes underage drinking just as seriously. I look like I am 16 years old so I was very shocked by this. (I just turned 21) After drinking some of my water I realized the inside of the glass had yellow junk on it which was truly disgusting. I asked our server for another glass of water due to the dirtyness of mine. He was also tending to what seemed like a ten top so i was very mindful of that. But 20 minutes for a sangria? I had to chase him down to remind him of my sangria. He had obviously forgot since he had no poker face at all. I assume he also forgot our burgers since they took about 35/40 minutes to arrive. When it finally arrived, THEY CAME OUT WRONG. I had ordered mine medium and my mother’s medium well. They were switched. The server of course disappeared so i never got a chance to ask for more water or mayonnaise until I was about 3/4 done with my food. Looking over at the ten top he had, they looked neglected as well, with empty glasses all around and a very antsy looking table looking for our waiter as well. I understand having more tables means more money but when a server only has two tables (one being a ten top) and gives terrible service to both, you should really take a look at the section you’re giving him and think about downsizing it to provide better service to his guests.

1  Thank Ela L
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I eat fairly often at The Stage House Tavern in Scotch Plains and have always been satisfied. The food lunch the food is good and generally plentiful. Just enough on the menu to make it easy to order. The service is excellent and the wait staff is always willing to do a bit more if you need help. There is a large parking lot in the back and a wonderful seating area where you can also eat. In addition forward r small groups and larger ones they have private rooms so nobody to bother you.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Two bars inside and out, very good food, great drinks and very good bartenders.As James Delaney Buffet wrote many years ago "give me oysters and beer for dinner every day of the year and i'll feel fine". I feel fine when i go there!

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

The location is great drinks are good and the outside dining is really nice! Food is pretty good. Great place to go to with friends to hang out and listen to some music.