“Good bar food”

J D 's Pub & Grille
Ranked #4 of 7 Restaurants in Smithville
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We visited here on a Thursday at 2 pm. Got right in. I had Chicken Jersey Devil sandwich, my husband had the cheesesteak. Mine was ok, flavorless chicken but toppings made it good. His cheesesteak for very good! We had spicy fries and onion rings. “Spicy” fries were just steak fries with a shaked on seasoning, onion rings were good flavor but not super crispy—actual onion and good coating. We each had two adult beverages (Glass town IPA —mmmm mmmm and coconut rum of my own concoction—good) $47 with tip.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

The burgers are good and prices are too. But the door opens from the parking lot directly into the dinning room. On a cold day you pretty much need to wear a coat inside the restaurant. We won't go back until the weather warms up.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

A good place to hang at the bar, watch sport's and eat bar food and sandwiches. Mostly local's, average prices.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Stopped in for an after dinner drink. Great selection of draft beer. Friendly service. Although we didn't eat, the menu and food look great. We will go back for the food. Yes, JD does stand for Jersey Devils after all it's his neighborhood...

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

First, I have to say, my hubby and I come to town once per year and love Shea's. However, they moved and we were antique hunting too late to catch them open. So glad we missed their hours! We got eight in, the service was fast and the food was way better than your typical bar food. Hubby HS two craft beers (favorite was the Flying Fish), a filet sandwich and onion rings. All was amazing! I had a side salad, the shrimp and sweet potato fries. Everything was yummy! Our bill was $36 without a tip. Definitely would recommend!

1  Thank Carrie M