“Two visits; Two opinions”
Review of Greenhouse Cafe

Greenhouse Cafe
Ranked #13 of 39 Restaurants in Ship Bottom
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Within the past couple of weeks, we visited the Greenhouse twice - primarily because we heard that they have a lot of gluten free options. The fIrst time was for breakfast, and we were very pleased. I had a very good waffle and my husband, who is gluten free, had an omelette with gluten free toast. The toast was very good, and the waiter, whose name I believe was Connor, was kind enough to tell us what brand of bread it was. He was very friendly, checked back at the table a couple of times and was telling us about all the gluten free dinner items they have. A few days later, we decided to go for light dinner. Big mistake! Our waiter was not very knowledgeable about the menu, but we figured he was probably new for the summer season. We started with the New England clam chowder which was the best part of the meal. I had a hamburger which was mediocre at best. My husband was looking forward to pizza and was told (by the waiter) that their gluten free was "very good". It was actually the worst ever! The crust was literally cardboard and, basically, inedible. My husband had a couple of bites and then just kind of scraped off some of the sauce and cheese and ate that. Gluten free pizza can never compare to traditional pizza but, nowadays, there are many places that do have relatively good crust. Our waiter never checked back with us to ask how everything was. I think he was probably new, saw that my husband did not eat it, and didn't know how to handle the situation. The man who cleared our table, who appeared to be the owner, never even asked if there was a problem or offered to bring something else. For an owner, he was not very friendly. We just asked for the check and left. In retrospect, we should have complained. We have already been to other places where we've been offered an alternate item or not charged. To recap, it's a good place for breakfast, but there are far better places on LBI for dinner.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

If vacationing on LBI, this is a good place to go on an evening after being on the beach all day. Decent food at decent prices. Kids welcome. Entrees run the gamut from salads to sandwiches/wraps, and Italian-inspired. Eggplant Parmesan is very good.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

LBI is typically pricey. Dinner average in the $20-29 range. Our party had 2 different soups, Chicken Florintine and Manhattan Clam Chouder. Both excellent. Great flat breads with horse radish cream cheese spread. Eggplant Parm was excellent. Grilled Cod was excellent and Crab Cake was full of crab. Desert, banana walnut bread pudding was excellent. Meal with tip for 3 came to $107. We had coffees and an iced tea. Would recomment this restaurant to anyone.

Thank Robert And Barb... E
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

We have been to Greenhouse Cafe numerous times, on our own or with guests, always for breakfast. Never disappoints, everyone always has been very pleased. Highly recommend the French toast which can be ordered by the slice. My personal favorite is the Barnegat Benedict (with crab meat). My wife loves the Lorraine Omelet. Pancakes, waffles, quiche of the day - all have been very good as well. Delicious fresh orange juice. However, their Manhattan clam chowder is no longer at the level it was years ago when it was truly award winning. Highly recommend reservations on weekends. It is our go-to place for breakfast.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

This has been one of my favorites whenever I get down to LBI. I have stopped here many times over the years and the folks at the Greenhouse Cafe never fail to please! Their eclectic menu offers a creative array of great selections, many of which are house-made from the highest quality ingredients, are trans fat-free,offering a variety of heart-healthy, low carb and gluten-free mouth-watering options. The ambience is laid back and casual without fail, but the service is always attentive and friendly. I always feel comfortable and right at home here. I'll be back for more and soon.