4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$251
Agoda.comUS$238
PricelineUS$238
Expedia.comUS$238
Orbitz.comUS$238
All reviews rooftop bar beautiful hotel salt kitchen retractable roof dunkin donuts service industry pool area brussel sprouts friday and saturday pull out couch guest rooms beach gear valet guys bedroom corner suite pool staff upscale property salt restaurant
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 February 2021

I've stayed at the Hotel LBI for 4 -5 weeks over the last few months of 2020 / early 2021. These are winter months at a beach hotel so the hotel is rather empty (I stay here to visit family in the area). I work remotely so need to work during the multiple weeks I stay at this hotel. This trip (FEB 2021)...no table in the room to put my laptop on. I asked for a small table (again, that I've had in every room I've stayed in at this hotel) for my room. When I called the front desk I was told ...they can't move a table int my room (these are quite small tables btw) ....and would have to move to a room a few doors down. So instead of moving a small table a few rooms over....I had to move all my stuff ...completely unpacked already into a new room. My job requires a lot of travel and stayed all over the world....even at the most basic hotel, cheapest hotels, simple requests are honored and this is, quite frankly, outrageous.

Date of stay: February 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank jimv0
Julie B LBI, Other at Hotel LBI, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2021

We appreciate your feedback. I am very sorry about your room type not having a table for you to work on. We do have many different room types at Hotel LBI and we were able to move you to a room that best fit your needs. We are very sorry for the trouble this may have caused you during your stay. We look forward to serving you again at Hotel LBI and assuring a great stay.

Reviewed 7 January 2021

We visited Hotel LBI for a few days after Christmas to get a break from our usual routine and to let our kids swim in their indoor pool.

There is a lot to like about this hotel so I will start with that. The hotel is new and the rooms are very spacious. The lobby and common areas are well designed and visually appealling. We stayed in a 2 bedroom corner suite which was very spacious and gave us lots of room to spread out. The kitchen/dining/living area was great for eating meals and enjoying time after the kids were in bed. There was also a small balcony that afforded us some beautiful sunset views. The second bedroom had bunkbeds with a staircase which was a fun treat for the kids. Each bedroom had it's own tv. The finishes were modern and attractive.

The other thing to love was the pool. Brand new, clean and very enjoyable. The pool was well heated and warm so no big freezing adjustment to swimming. It wasn't a huge space but plenty of space since it was often empty. Also loved the hot tub! We visited several times a day. Sometimes we had the pool/hot tub all to ourselves which was lovely. The one time there was more than one other family in there, there was still plenty of room to social distance. The hotel provided plenty of fresh fluffy towels for guest use by the pool. A small thing but seemingly not always the case with hotels with pools.

The lobby had a little convienance store which came in handy when the kids wanted a snack and we didn't want to have to run out in the cold.

In terms of location, this wasn't hugely important to us as we weren't going anywhere but it's not especially close to the beach or other attractions in the town. It's a very large building so if you are on a high floor you get a great view of the town. It is located right next to a Dunkin Donuts and CVS.

There are a couple of areas that need improvement. First the room was not well cleaned when we arrived. Among other issues, the upper bunk had hair, sand (in December? when was the last time someone went to the beach?) and other dirt in the frame that you could easily see if you were up there. Based on the state of it, none of the cleaning staff had touched it in an extended period of time.

Second the lobby was lovely to look at but often full of patrons not wearing masks despite the requirements. The hotel staff were wearing masks but they need to do a better job of enforcing the rules to keep all guests safe.

Overall a good stay but the cleaning and covid standards have to be improved.

Date of stay: December 2020
3  Thank StefR
Alexis North, Owner at Hotel LBI, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2021

Hi StefR,

Thank you so much for your great review and feedback! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the design of the hotel, our spacious rooms and our indoor heated pool.

We apologize for the lack of cleanliness in the bunk beds and will be sure to share this with our executive housekeeping manager to ensure that this is resolved for future reservations! Due to our lobby being used for indoor dining, guests are only required to wear masks until seated at their table, not while consuming food or beverage. Nonetheless, we will continue to enforce masks and social distancing as instructed by our governor in order to continue to ensure that our guests safety comes first!

We hope to see you again during your next visit to Long Beach Island.

Reviewed 20 December 2020 via mobile

Felt very upscale. The pool was awesome, our toddler loved the little splash area. The room seemed more like an apartment than a hotel room. We needed a quick getaway for our mental health and this place more than did the trick.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Matthew M
Alexis North, Owner at Hotel LBI, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2020

Hi Matthew,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed the room and all of the amenities that Hotel LBI has to offer.

We look forward to seeing you again soon for another getaway!

Reviewed 23 October 2020 via mobile

We were so excited when we booked 4 nights for our honeymoon. We have walked around the Hotel LBI before and had drinks on the rooftop bar. We felt like we were on vacation! So when we were looking at hotels for our honeymoon, this hotel was our first choice. When we got to our room, we were surprised that we got such a big suite! It really was beautifully decorated and there was a bottle of champagne waiting for us. That was very thoughtful. After an exhausting wedding weekend, we just wanted to relax, but we couldn't because the people above us were so noisy! It sounded like they were dragging the furniture back and forth for about an hour. I finally called and complained. About 7:30am I heard them walking around. About 8pm my husband was getting tired of hearing the noise as well. He went to the front desk and they moved us to the third floor. I thought we were in the clear but the noise coming in from the road left the windows rattling and the floors rumbling and it's not even the busy season! Not a good way to wake up every morning. I would think the builder would have made the floors/windows more sound proof given that this is a "luxury" hotel. We really got a deal on our room at $160 a night. I know some of these rooms go for well over $600 a night in the summer. I would be extra pissed if I paid that much money and had to listen to the people upstairs and the noise from the traffic! So it gets better... the hotel is only a couple of years old. There are a lot of maintenance issues that need to be taken care of. Paint touch ups in the rooms, the baseboards need to be cleaned and the bathrooms need to be CLEANED!! Not just wiped down. The shower floors need to scrubbed. You can see by the pictures that they have been neglected. We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Manahawkin several times. Now that place is clean! Never heard anyone above us. I believe the same people own both locations. But they are way off on how the hotels are run. Oh it gets better... We decided to get dinner at the restaurant on the third night. They delivered our food in a timely manner. We got the Caesar and wedge salads, macaroni and cheese, thick cut bacon and the half of chicken. The Caesar salad had to much anchovy paste in the dressing. It was very fishy tasting and the crisp was soggy. The wedge salad was pretty good except the tomatoes were mushy. The bacon was ok. I never had it before so there was nothing to compare it to. We threw most of it out and I never say no to bacon! The macaroni and cheese was terrible! The cheese sauce was grainy and had an awful texture. I may have overlooked the graininess of the sauce if it tasted good. The chicken itself was ok. It was served with this sauce that was so reduced that it was black, thick and salty. My husband thought it was the balsamic glaze that I got with my salad. I called down to the restaurant and spoke with the manager. She agreed with me on the dressing for the Caesar salad. She was very nice. She took notes on my complaints and assured me that she would talk to the chef. She also took most of the food off our bill. I was woken up the next morning to the familiar rattling of the windows and the noise from the road. We decided to cut our honeymoon short and checked out a day early. Very, very disappointing! I had such high hopes for our mini vacation at a "luxury" hotel. I have to say though, all of the staff that we came in contact with were very polite, friendly and helpful. I realize they can only do so much. So Thank You for all your hard work. I doubt very much that we will be back. Hopefully the Hotel LBI will make some changes and other guest will have a much better experience.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Schwartzie1969
Reviewed 6 October 2020 via mobile

This hotel is about 15 months old and so everything is in top condition. Our room had two Queen beds, a balcony, a kitchenette, living area with a smart tv and breakfast bar seating. There is a refrigerator, sink, cooking and eating utensils and even a dishwasher. It is located right in middle of Long Beach Island equidistant from the north end town of Barnegat Light and Holman in the south. One reaches the hotel right after crossing the bridge. Free self parking and valet parking are available.

There is an indoor pool area with retractable roof, spa and gym but we didn’t use them. The restaurant has both outdoor and indoor dining at 25% capacity-tables were spaced far apart. We ate indoors and felt safe. The food was good and you can request delivery to your room if you like. Just be aware that the takeout menu is more limited than the full restaurant menu.

The restaurant does not serve breakfast during the off season but one can take out breakfast from a variety of local places within easy driving distance. We did the LBI Pancake House and Dunkin’ Donuts.

The one drawback is that it is not oceanfront property but if that is not an issue, I highly recommend this hotel. We hope to return again.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wanchee L
Alexis North, Owner at Hotel LBI, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2020

Wwlowe,

Thank you for your detailed review and kind feedback. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel LBI again soon!